I had a problem my boyfriend gave me money which I will pay in 4 months, he later asked me to sign an aggreement, does it mean he doesn't trust me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is just being responsible. Just like if you have sex and you ask him to wear a condom. Not always about trust, but protecting yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. I think he's just being prudent. When you blur the lines between business and personal lives, you need to set boundaries. He wants to treat the loan he gave you as a business deal and nothing else. It's not a bad idea to have it in writing.

What Guys Said 6

• If you are over 18 and not parent-child, it should be in writing.

If you don't pay him back as you agreed, he will take you to court, as he should.

• A woman promises to love and be with a man forever, the man wants a ptenup. Does that mean he doesn't love, or trust her?
    Shit happens! Even with the best of intentions. Maybe he been taken before, and wants to play it safe. Life's a gamble!

• It means you haven't done enough to him to justify his investment, he just wants guarantees to safeguard his investment just in case he doesn't get satisfactory returns!

• sounds like you guys might sign a prenuptial agreement too! Self protection is all this is.

• Hahaha we are planning to get married soon and he asked if i would sign a prenuptial:-)

• He may not trust yiu

Or

He may just want his money back for sure

• of course he doesn't. smart guy

What Girls Said 6

• It means he is looking after his assets. There is nothing wrong with that. Everybody thinks their relationship will last for ever, but in reality, 50% of marriages break up, and thats if you manage to get to the isle, so you need to protect yourself. Its fair what he did. It has nothing to do with trust.

• Yes. Just because he's your boyfriend doesn't mean he has to trust you. Couples break up. You might break up in 4 months and then yeah, you're still gonna owe him money. Doesn't matter if your feelings are hurt.

• No, just means he's protecting himself more to be honest.

• How long have you been together? I think he trusts you, he just wants to have a back up plan in case anything happens. Money can cause a lot of problems.

• How much did you borrow? 50 bucks? 5000?

• He's probably had situations before. Once bitten twice shy.