A guy asked for my number and I gave it to him. He did not text me until 5 days later. Is his interest level that low?

He texted me 5 days after I gave him my number, and I got a text from him around 8pm. I'm not sure if I should feel annoyed or maybe I am overreacting, but I thought if a guy is interested that he would call within a few days of getting a girls number. So because it took this long (almost 1 week), would this mean that he's not THAT interested in me? I mean, c'mon, no one is THAT busy. I am a pre-med student, and even I would have the time to text someone back right away.

We are both in our very early twenties (college-aged), so of course we are both busy, but part of me feels slightly bothered that he waited this long.. I don't want to text him back right away b/c I don't want to feel "too available" to him. And please don't say "just text him!" Dating is a game whether people like it or not, and sometimes we have to play the game.

Any advice on when I should message back? Serious replies please. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he wasn't that interested then why would he ask for your number. Best thing to do is mirror his actions. Seeing as it was his first time texting you he my have had to work up the courage to text you. If it continues to take him days to respond then he may not have high interest. If you like him ask him to do something with you like mini golf or something casual. If he doesn't sound interested in getting together and doesn't give you an alternative time to get together then it would be best to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, I'm sorry, but I really hate it when people say "Dating is just a game". It really isn't. For my crush, I actually didn't even get a courage to ask for his number - I got it through a friend. If it wasn't for me texting him first (even though he didn't ask for my number), we wouldn't be as close as we are now (we started texting around mid October and we talked about everything).

So, it's not really his interest level - you can determine that when he starts to actually text you, like how long he responds, what time, what he texts about, etc. Some guys are just like that. There are some days when I would text him first and there are some days where he would text me. The one thing I know for sure is that he would text me usually an hour or less and his body language when I see him.

If you really want to know his interest level, see it through his body language and how he acts around you, if you see him. Then, the texting will come naturally after that.

What Guys Said 11

• It all depends on availability. I'm a busy guy and if waiting a few days to text you back means that I have more time on my plate to work with an individual I will.

At least give him a chance. If you don't like him, you don't have to go on a second date.

• I think you should wait the same number of day (that is, 5) before texting him back. Then see if he responds immediately,

And yeah, he does not seem to be all that interested.

• Back when I was single and playing "the game", I alway wait around 3 days. I think it normal it took him 5 day.

He IS interested in you, he ask for your number didn't he?

As for when you should message back, maybe do it the next day.

• I think u should text him back when u get home the night. What was the expectation when u exchanged numbers? Did he say he will contact u sometimes to set up a date or something? Because it seems like he doesn't plan on asking u out anytime soon.

• We never exchanged numbers. I met him on a dating website, we talked for a bit, and he asked for my number. I never met him in a person. I know he isn't "obligated" to contact me right away... but I felt like we had a really good connection via messaging on the site that I assumed he would have contacted me earlier.

• Maybe he got your number on Monday and texted u on Friday when he has time to actually chat.

• Gave him the # last Wednesday

• When I get a girl's number I usually text her in 2 days if I'm interested, but not always. For example I'd prefer to text the girl during Thursday or Friday so I can ask her out. So if I get a girl's number on Monday, I will probably text her on Thursday or Friday.

You should text him back and see how he responds, if he takes too much time to answer then he's not interested enough.

• Hard to say. Maybe the didn't want to call you right away and come off as a stalker, on the other hand, might be a player with little time for new bu's. Talk to him, spend time with him, take it slow. Get to know him, and what he does in his spare time. (Ya know, when he's to busy to call you for a week)

• You're overreacting, text him back.

• Maybe he was just lazy or forgot about it, I do that sometimes too

• if he was intrested he would have called or texted yr the same day

• could be just shy.

• maybe he's just had a lot to do if he wasn't interested he wouldn't have asked for your number

What Girls Said 7

• He might have a girlfriend and he was busy with her. Or he could be trying to build up his HOladex. Either way if you are not desperate don't text back. He took too long and isn't even trying. if you DO feel like messaging him back only text him when you're bored. You're already giving this guy too much consideration by asking about him here lol. You're supposed to not give a fuck about him wait until you have absolutely nothing to do and you're dying of boredom - then text him, if at all.

• If you think that dating is a game and not best an open and honest interaction, then I feel you need to look in the mirror at who is playing a game and who is not.

• Whenever you feel fit, maybe in a day or 2.

• He 's probably just playing the "I don't want to seem desperate" card or maybe he is just a slow mover.

• he's stupid LMAO or something happened where he literally was not capable of texting you. if its anything but the latter is automatically the former. find out which.

• He text you because he surely have just you, your like his second choice or third

• HE is probably concerned about coming off too eager. Just as you don't want to seem "too available", he likely doesn't either. 5 days really isn't that long, you're exaggerating the whole situation far too much.