How can I get an Asian guy to ask me out?

So, I've always been attracted to East Asian men (Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc). Except I have the worst time asking them out or even flirting. My Asian girlfriend can constantly get dates with Asian guys and believes I can too. However, I heard that most don't date outside of their race. I have a thin petite frame, pale skin, blue eyes and dark brown hair. I don't know how to get them attracted to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your Asian girlfriend is right; you can do it too! :P

Almost every Asian guy I know DOES find girls of other races attractive as much as Asian girls are attractive. :) It's true that most of them don't date outside of their race though, but that's because of various reasons that are not related to what they find attractive. Now, what to do:

1) Just look at the guy you like and make eye contact, like you would with any guy. Most guys of any race are accustomed to the "invisible man" feeling while in public, because most guys go through life not getting any second looks from most women at all LOL. So any girl who is looking him in the eyes will immediately perk his attention.

2) SMILE. :) This is a huge thing. I can't speak for the guys in Japan as COCOCHANEL described in her answer here, but smiling at an Asian-American guy (or any guy from the US for that matter) is one of the best things that you can do if you like him. It gives him the feeling that, at worst, you are a polite person who is approachable -- and that, at best, you might be totally into him. xD So he feels he has a chance to make something happen. xD

3) If he doesn't approach first after you've been smiling at him, just go up and talk to him. Don't worry about sounding boring. Most guys of any race rarely ever get approached by girls, so they'll be more than happy to accommodate you. You don't need to actually ask him out; just do things like say hi to him before he says hi to you, talk to him, show that you're interested in him, laugh at his jokes if you think they're funny, etc. He'll get the hint.

• Thank you for the the "Most Helpful Dude" award!

Hope you find your guy!

Most Helpful Girl

• first of all many have controlling, racist parents but don't let that stop you.

as a person who has only dated east Asian men by choice (physical preference) my advice is to not be too pushy, direct and/or demanding at the beginning.

let them catch you looking and catch them looking repeatedly. seem quiet and demure. smiling is not necessary and in fact i've never smiled at a guy i liked. i wait until they come talk to me and take the lead.
    95% of my experience is with japanese guys in japan. if you have any questions feel free to message me.

What Guys Said 12

• Well you have many of the traits that're considered attractive for an Asian woman
    you only need to gather your courage, and hope you're asking the right guy, because as with any guy from whatever background, each of us are different. ^.~

• Well firstly, you shouldn't see "Asian guys" and 'guys' as a separate entity. We're just like every other race of guys out there. Some of us are friendly while others are downright rude. Once you erase this thought in your mind, you'd be less intimidated when approaching them.
    Talk to them like how you would typically talk to any other guy. A lot of Asian guys tend to be attracted to girls of other races (pretty much all my friends are), but a lot of us also happen to be quite timid and soft-spoken. You can try putting up signs denoting that you're interested. Smiling, asking for his number, etc.

• In case of confusion because I alternated between "them" and "us" in the text above, I am Asian, but I live in an Asian country.

• Yeah, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't do that but not many live around me so it's kinda rare.

• No, it's totally understandable. 😄👍

• Just do it. But I know few of them, and you are right to an extent. None will say no to you, if they fancy you, but if you like the guy, you should definitely let them know what future you think you want. Most Asians would take it more as a fling and not a long term possibility but there are others who don't care. It's all destiny then on. But you can try for sure, it's life you should create your chances.

• Wow you are totally my type, where do you live lol? There was this girl I had crush on back in high school and she was the most beautiful girl I ever seen. She had dark brown hair, blue eyes and pale skin. I been attracted to blue eyed brunettes ever since than haha.

• I think Asian guys usually date within our race is because most white girls hate Asian guys.

• That's a shame. A lot of you are really cute, smart and funny! Stereotypes hurt dating too sometimes.

• I can't speak for all Asian guys but most Korean guys I know including me love white girls.

• You can easily get them and as being Asian I know we are quiet racist but look try to be human around him. I mean little traditional and shy and show him that you are not bar scum and he will with 100% assurity will date you.

• Thank you. I'm pretty shy in general so, I guess that's an advantage. Thank you.

• You show him your interested and flirt with him tell he falls for you. Then hell ask you out and then you'll have him.. just like that

• You might have to give an extra effort to let them know you're interested romantically. We take most advances from non-asian girls as friendly banter, we're not used to it.

• Are white women really this sad?

• White nationalist scumbag get off this site!!!

• Some of us just don't know what to do. We get embarrassed. Guys are like that also.

• You are sure making sick little fetish creeps jizz their pants over that easy white meat lol, And promoting even more non-white superiority over the internet.

• Stop trying to get guys to ask you out. Ask them out instead.

• I've always done that with other guys and been rejected or got pity dates. It was rather sad.

• try...

• hmm, first of all i would try to find some Rice scented perfume, and maybe look into a shirt that says "I love Tiny penis"
    that should be a good start!

• Seriously ladies...

You get them like you would with any other guy... TALK to him, hang out with him. Show that you want to get to know him.

And things may take off from there if it's working out.

• The talking part is the worst. I'm always nervous about coming off as boring.

• How is it bad? Ask him stuff to learn about him. And he will ask you stuff about you too. Just be straight up... you might share the same or similar interests.

What Girls Said 1