Is it fair I break up with my boyfriend of 8 years cause he doesn't want kids?

I've always asked if he wanted kids and he's always said some day but yesterday he told me maybe he didn't really want kids after all and I'm 25 he's 31. I've always wanted children and I'm ready now and so I broke up with him but now he's saying maybe he does want kids and wants me back. Is it just a ploy to get me back?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's for you to decide whether you want to give up an 8 year relationship over something like that. You decide what your dealbreakers are. Don't let other people make major life decisions for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I could never be with someone who didn't want kids no matter how much I loved them or thought they were right for me. Kids are too important for me and it's very much a valid reason for leaving someone. Whether or not it's just a ploy or not is something time can only tell. If he's really ready for it then I'm sure he'll tell you so and then you start speaking about it more.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• Yep, fair.