Could I still have a chance with her?

I really like her, and want to ask her out. Actually, I was going to ask her out, and to Prom, but here's my problem. I found out her and another guy had V-Day together, and when I asked if they were dating she said "maybe". We texted a lot back and forth, and later she said they weren't dating, and she rejected him. I see the two of them walk down the halls together, text etc, but when I ask if they are dating she always says no (saying she doesn't like him as much as he likes her, and that would be unfair for him). During class, she randomly brought up prom to me, and started talking about dates. Actually, she talked to me way more than usual. I brought prom back up, and we joked around a little bit. She teases me, and flirts with me, but I don't know if its just good friends. Although they aren't "dating" I just feel like they are, and they still hang out. Is it worth my time, to try and make an effort for her, and take her word that they aren't a pair (as much as they look like they are), or should I just ship of the two of them and move on.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly she sounds like she's hinting you to take her to prom! Be clear with your feelings, and ask her to Prom! I'm sure she will say yes, but if she rejects you, move on, loverboy!

What Guys Said 2

• Omg just ask her to prom!
    Yes you got her
    no maybe you wanted to long and she got taken by another guy bc you waited.

• Grow some balls and tell her you like her and want to go to prom with her. Let her know you like her a lot but your tired of playing the games, ask her "are you interested in me or not? If not I'm moving on."

Sometimes you have to get cocky and be an asshole to get her attention. Don't be mean but just let her know that you want to know where you stand with her.