I regret not moving out?

im 23 and I chose to stay, bad choice. This enviroment is pure control by mother, she always undermines and playfully tease me by calling me names, she won't stop and because of her I feel depressed. I literally dont have the energy anymore to move out, she completely took away my joy. Im 23 and almost 24 and never had the freedom to perform any hobbies and now I feel like I missed out on life and its too late to become someone... I dont even care , I just want out now and not waste anymore time on her... I dont even know who I am cause everything is about her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in the same place. just stay out of the house as much as possible.., like seriously do your job searches at barnes and noble.

you know what helps too.. cigarettes...

there's no solution to this cuz you can't change her, u just have to deal.

literally in my casee my mom is obese and doesn't move, if im in the room she will ask me to pick things up off the floor for her. if i say no she says i can move out. so i just stay out of the house unless im going to bed. good luck and get ahead while u live rent free, dont squander this time, get yourself in a position to move out

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same issues with my mother, and I'm glad I moved out for university. As soon as I moved out, my depression was gone. Not constantly having someone around who tracks my every move was very liberating. She would also inquire about details of my relationships and friendships, and then use that information to gossip with her friends or use embarrassing details from my life whenever she was angry at me. I'll have to move back in with my parents soon when I graduate, because I don't have money to rent an actual apartment. My relationship with her has improved, but I still dread having to go back there. She'll probably slip back into her old ways once I'm back, but I won't let her get to me.

Try to pick yourself up, despite the resistance offered by your mother, and move out. It will help you, I promise. It seems hard, but it's necessary for you to live your own life. And once you develop more as your own person, you will be able to deal with her nonsense.

What Guys Said 1

• I have seen this post like 10 times now...

What Girls Said 2

• I'm almost 20 still live at home. It's never to late get out while you can. Good luck girl.

• get first a job and save money to be financially stable after that you can move out for study or work purpose as an excuse to not upset her :) it's not too late !!!