Should I contact my ex girlfriend?

I broke up with her last year mainly because she was out partying quite a bit and I just had trust issues, so I ended the relationship so that I wouldn't hold her back from having fun, and so that I wouldn't have to worry anymore. We follow each other on social media, and lately she's been saying things on social media that seem like they're directed to me acting like she misses me, etc.
Now, if she was actually talking about me (she has never been in a relationship after we broke up), should I try and contact her? I actually lost her number when I got a new phone, so I would have to do it via social media. What do you guys think?

What Girls Said 2

• No!! Don't contact her. Remember why you broke up with her!! Things won't be different this time. Always look straight forward and keep walking. What needs to be in your life, will be and will find it's rightfull place one way or another by itself. She is obviously not in your life now, so just do not contact her. I'm sure someone better will come along!

• No, you shouldn't because if you guys will get back together, odds are that you're going to break up over the exact same reasons. You can never win.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope, don't contact her. If she misses you she'll contact you.