Is a 6 year age gap too much?

I met this guy recently and we hit it off real well. Being as we didn't meet through friends or anything like that, it was more like two strangers at an event running into each other, I felt it appropriate to ask how old he was, since sometimes I don't gauge that correctly. Of course, that's when I learned that I was 6 years older than him. We're both in our 20s. I'm wondering if that's too big of an age gap, at least at the age where we're both at? I think he's interested in me, and I know I'm interested in him, but I'm wondering if maybe that's strange?

Interested in hearing any opinions on this. Thanks!

Thanks for all your responses, everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• No, 6 years is just fine!

• Thanks for responding!

Most Helpful Girl

• In your 20s and beyond it's totally fine.

20 and 26 is a bit questionable but still fine. You two just might not have a lot in common (life stage wise).
    21-27 ok
    22-28 fine / no problem
    23-29 fine

Just my opinion

• Thanks for your response!

What Guys Said 11

• Since you are both in your 20's I would say not a big gap whatsoever. I think you would both have a similar interests and of the same mindset. You would be at similar stages in your lives, so it would not be awkward or anything.

• Thanks for your input!

• At your age 10 years is not too much. Likely he's a lot more refined, mature, and talented that guys your age. And you're a lot more pretty than women his age.
    Your SMV has peaked - don't squander it. His is still gaining, it peaks about 40. Use this to your advantage.

• Sorry, I'm not familiar with the acronym. What is SMV?

• Not really a big deal.

• Thanks for your response!

• Assuming your age label is accurate, 6 years is perfectly fine.

• Nah its fine

• At 12 and 18, yes. In your 20's, no.

• Thanks for responding!

• When you're about 22, as long as that range doesn't dip into the minor ages, you're fine

• Age like that doesn't make a difference do you think he's attractive?

• I do, and I really like his personality. He seems like the genuine nice guy type, which I really appreciate. Of course, we're still getting to know each other, but he seems like a good person so far.

• Haha, sure.

• Send me a message or a follow (:

• well my sister is married to someone thats age difference is is 13 and they have a baby soooo yea

• Is she the older one?

• If he's 20, and you are 14, then yes! If he's 86, then no. If you are both above 20, go for it!

• No it should be fine

• Thanks for responding!

What Girls Said 4

• In your 20s I don't think it's horrible. Maturity level almost plateaus in the twenties for men and women (almost) and at that point age should cease to matter. Not maturity and life experience are two different things and I will always thins a 25 year age gap is just weird, but to each their own

• Haha thank you for responding!

• It's perfectly fine

• Thanks for responding!

• I know family friends who has 18yr age gap and also 10yr age gap. As long as your happy its fine, don't worry and if people judge, it's your life and you're free to do whatever you want

• Thanks for your reply!

• kinda old yes especially if you get older he'll want a younger girl... women age quickly sadly.

• I hear what you're saying; I don't really have an unrealistic expectations like walking down the aisle like tomorrow anyway, so I guess I'll just play things by ear.