He said will make me a sandwich?

Is this a good sign? I asked him to make me a sandwich and he said yeah! Does this mean I have the upper hand in the relationship? What does it mean when a guy agrees to make you a sandwich?

Most Helpful Guy

• That he likes to take good care of you. That's a good sign :D
    You're really his captain haha... four stripes on your shoulder!

• OMG I'm a student pilot at the moment :D

• Oh my goodness GAG changed the abbreviation for private pilot license to people...
      This update has some shortcomings hahaha :D

• I know! Last time I said I am going for a Papa Papa Lima, they've changed the abbreviated form to people. Yes! I am currently in ground school but I haven't taken any actual FAA or CASA exams as of yet. I have some some ATPL aerodynamics and engine systems though.

What Guys Said 19

• ((Does this mean I have the upper hand in the relationship?

I'm a feminist and a dominant girl. Usually, it's a guy who makes a sexist comment and ask women to make a sandwich for them. Now, I've turned the tables not reading too much into this, but yay for feminists!))

You have the upperhand but not because he made you a sandwich. Him making you a sandwich is just mea s he likes you and wanted to do something nice. Either that or he just likes making sandwiches.

The reason you have the upperhand is because its clear by your mentality that he cares about you more than you care about him and whoever is the least emotionally invested in the relationships usually has the upperhand.

• Lol no a sandwich is a sandwich
    It has no bearing on the power play within your relationship more of a concern why would you want the upper hand. Sounds a bit manipulative and guys hate that about women

• Well, if there is no power play over a sandwich, why has it become an internet meme and guys (they do this a lot), piss off girls by saying "Hey, honey, get back to the kitchen and make me a sandwich." or "but God, she didn't make me a sandwich". I like having the upper hand and being in control because I have a dominant personality and I like to lead and make decisions for us.

• because its a joke its not meant to be taken seriously

• It's just a joke, that doesn't mean you can never make someone food or you will be submissive forever.

• Means he cares to give you some of his time. Isn't that great?
    But if you prefer to be the one making everything... tell him :p

• It means he can cook, or at least make a sandwich. I do most of the cooking in my relationships, because I'm a better cook. (I'm no Dave Ramsey). It also means he cares, wants you around, and is willing to do these little things for you like make sure you don't starve to death! PB&J, or Bologna?

• Why do girls overanalyse things. So what? He makes you a sandwich. Thats it. Nothing to do with upper hand or relationship status. Dont make a complication where this is no need for it.

• I'm a feminist and a dominant girl. Usually, it's a guy who makes a sexist comment and ask women to make a sandwich for them. Now, I've turned the tables :D not reading too much into this, but yay for feminists!

• I like making decisions for both of us and taking the lead. It feels good to be more dominant and have power over a guy. I hate sexist comments about how girls should go back in the kitchen. If this statement means nothing, why is it such a big internet or YouTube meme?

• @Asker, this guy told you how hypocritical you sound and you carried on being even more hypocritical. Modern feminism everybody.

• Lol he's just being nice, this isn't a power play.

• Then why the internet meme and YouTube comments where guys piss girls off by saying "get back in the kitchen" or "make me a sandwich" to make their statement more valid and plausible?

• It's significant when a guy says that line, but when a girl says it, it means nothing? Double standards much?

• I said it's insignificant either way. Where's the double standard here?

• It means that he said that. Did he make you a sandwich?

• He sounds nice.

• it is called hospitality...

• it doesn´t mean anything. he´s willing to do you a favor, that´s it.

• But if it means nothing, why do guys use this line on YouTube or to piss girls off in a statement to make their argument seem more superior?

• I troll them back. I love trolling trolls. I try to be that strong Amazon woman and troll along with them. Doesn't hurt to try. Trolling is a success when trolls think you're not trolling and you're wasting their time do they would troll less on other web pages.

• well actually if you try to be the "amazon" woman to them, you´ll make them think they made you angry and feel accomplished even though you´ve been trolling xD trolling includes them getting angry at you not them making fun of you thinking the joke is on you ^^

• Really? 😒😒😒😒 it's a sandwich

• Can you make a good sandwich?

• We make sandwiches for each other all the time it doesn't mean either of us are in control

• hard to know he could be fattening you up for the winter or maybe he just being nice or he's scared of you and thought if he said no you would flog him

• He's being nice

• No he was just hungry or hoping to get laid !

• Sandwich hmmm.. i have been bribed by my crush with a biscuit and it didn't took us anywhere lol

• That has nothing to do with having the upper hand. It's him being nice and that's it. I'd be worried to be in a relationship with somebody is so quick to think they have the upper hand on pointless things.

• "Does this mean I have the upper hand in the relationship"

Break up with him. He deserves better than this mindset.

What Girls Said 8

• Whoa whoa! Sweet potato! hahah! No that just means he cares about you to make him one. Like if my boyfriend was hungry I'd make him one and bring him chips. haha! No biggie! When you love someone that stuff don't matter.

• I don't love him O_O teens nowadays throw in the ILY and it becomes over rated. Never fell in love before and I'm not sure when I will. I will take my time to discover if I am well and truly falling for him, there is no hurry in that. On the other hand, I'd never make him a sandwich. I'm supposed to be the more dominant one, the leading one and the masculine one! I like being in charge.

• I'm just saying teenagers overuse the word when it is just deep infatuation. They say it early in the relationship too. It has only been 4 months and of course I don't love him.

• haha than why are you with him?

• Why would you want to be in control? It's a relationship, not a job and you're not supposed to be his boss, as he's not supposed to be yours. When your girlfriend asks you to do something for them, you do it (assuming you can) because you love them, as a sign of affection and doing it doesn't mean they're controlling you :/

• Um...
    What?
    Who cares and no it doesn't mean you have the upper hand at all.. just because someone makes you a sandwich doesn't mean it's groundbreaking

• It doesn't mean anything. It's just a fucking sandwich

• It means you asked for a sandwich and he made you one. That's all.

• It means he cares for you, making a sandwich means nothing, looking at your other comments I can see your view about memes about the girl making the man a sandwich but it has nothing to do with being dominant , it was to annoy extreme feminists because of history where males held more status over females. It now means nothing, the only thing it means is he cares for you, he's not sexist. also in my opinion relationships should be about equality not trying to beat each other

• I don't think the sandwich principle really works here..

• It means your boyfriend is a decent person. It doesn't mean you have the upper hand or something.