Do girls actually not like to date nice guys?

I haven't dated much so far because I go to an all boys HS and I had to get perfect grades to go to the college I want to go to and that takes a lot of time and effort. Anyway, pretty much everyone I know tells me that I'm very nice, or sweet, or kind, etc. but I always here people complaining that girls never choose to date the nice guy. Is that true or is it just guys making excuses for why they can't get a gf?

Most Helpful Girl

• Heya!
    This is a very good question you asked. And i'm sure your going to get tons of replies. But it solely depends on what type of girl you are talking about. But majority of women like nice guys. But a lot of men get confused with what nice consists of. It does not mean agree with her on everything, It does not mean be a doormat, It does not mean have no personality (You have no idea how many "nice guys" i met) that said they were nice yet no women gave them a chance. They were not "nice" they whined a lot about not getting women and had no personality. Yawns... what a bore.

Just be you. You sound great. Be respectful of course and stand your own ground when needed and women will be attracted to you!

Stay happy! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's because their definitions of "Nice Guys" is putting pussy on the pedestal and coming off really desperate. Then when girls reject them for that, they're like "I JUST DON'T GET IT! GIRLS ONLY LIKE JERKS!" Sure, in high school a lot of girls do gravitate towards douchebags because they're young and naive. But when they grow up they don't want that shit.

What Girls Said 5

• We loooove legitimately nice guys. We don't like Nice Guys. Guys who say they're nice and then complain that all those bitches won't date them are not nice. They're Nice Guys and that's why no one will ever want to date them.

• Just guys making escuses

• Nice guy finished last

• Nice guys who put effort into their looks and grooming, have decent social skills and don't get hung up on one or two girls usually meet nice girls and have nice relationships.

A lot of guys here hope doing favors for hot girls will win their love, despite him not putting much effort into his own appearance and only liking her for her looks. Others have social anxiety and want a way around meeting lots of new people. Still others get hung up on a particular girl or two who isn't interested and invest too much time and energy into her.

• Legit nice guys are awesome to date! Ones that don't need to tell their date they are a nice guy. They are laid back, kind, and respectful. Ah yes... those are great guy to date and be in a relationship with.

What Guys Said 1

• A girl doesn't date a guy because he's nice. Sure its a nice quality to have but its not high on their priority list. A girl will date a guy if she feels attracted to him, regardless of whether he's in fact nice. There are various qualities a guy could possess to cause attraction. These include confidence, dominance, height, physique, humour, mannerisms, his ability to converse, his flirtations, his ability to excite her emotionally, and his ability to make her feel safe. Any one of these isn't likely to trigger attraction in the girl, it takes several of them. Being nice, by itself, is not a sufficient trait, nor is it even necessary if you can check a bunch of the other triggers off the list. Hence why some girls date guys that shit all over them.