Would you date someone who swears at you a lot?

By that I mean they swear directly at you, not to be funny or anything, but just because you did something they didn't like, or they're a bit angry at you.
I personally wouldn't. I would never swear at my partner out of anger, and I consider that to be emotional abuse. That's one reason why I broke up with my boyfriend a while back.

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends (comment please)
Just to be clear, this is only about swearing out of anger directly at your partner, not just general swearing in normal conversation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya, depends
    biiiggg difference between
    "Omg fuck you" vs. "Omg Let's fuck"

• Yeah I meant more along the lines of them swearing at you to be mean - like your first example there. Swearing in general conversation isn't really what I was referring to.

• well i guess i'd have to decide in the instance. i mean if she gets heated and angry very often (regardless of swearing or not) that is an issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't like swearing in general

What Guys Said 16

• Not at all! Constant swearing is such a turn-off.

• No, never!!.

• Hell no. If the person I'm with can't have calm discussions with me then they aren't worth being with in my opinion. I'm not a bad guy so I don't see why people would get that angry with me.

• Whether they are swearing at you or because they think it is cool just to swear, I don't think I could hang with them! Swearing is okay for emphasis but not to be used every other word... it just shows no class!

• This is completely unacceptable behavior. You did the right thing. He would have been hitting you next.

• I never swear, so being with a girl who does it constantly would bother me. If occasionally I wouldn't mind, but at me is a whole different story.

• It depends how often. I mean if she was really mad at something I did and snapped, then whatever. If it's all the time over dumb shit, then pce.

• To live in fear of anger in a relationship is unhealthy.

• If it was like a soft "F*** you" because you said something or dropped dishes and broke something the sure I see no harm in that but if they constantly do that and just yell and curse at me then no I will leave them right then and there and pack my things (if we are staying together) and be on my happy way

• There are so many other ways to be cutting and manipulative which are far more oppressive than confrontational words. Basically there needs to be a level of respect for something to last. It doesn't matter in what way the disrespect comes.

• I swear a lot in basically all informal conversations. It's a habit I'll probably keep for life.

• Lol no why would I lower my standards like that?

• No. I don't necessarily appreciate swearing too much.

• No, major turn off

• Hell yeah! So long as it is like... You are so fucking hot! etc etc

• No, I would not date someone that is verbally abusive, and disrespectful to me.

What Girls Said 7

• With Constant "Swearing," I would Begin to See More in Store with Not Only Controlling Issues with 'Out of anger directly at your partner,' But With... A Time Bomb Issue, just Waiting to Explode at any given moment.
    Good luck and I Vote for "NO."xx

• Hell NO. Cuss me out and you better be prepared to sleep on the curb.

Buh-bye.

• It's not a deal killer for me like drugs or other things but its pretty high on my turn off list and I definitely wouldn't let him meet my kids.

• Nope. I don't like that.

• I'd feel like shit after a while

• Never

• I prefer to date a person who knows how to communicate using eloquent vocabulary instead of relying on the impulse of using vulgarities.