I regret so much in life?

when I was young I made terrible decisions, I dropped out and I did get back when I was 21, now im 25 when im done but I have to keep on studying because this degree will get me nowhere, I hate my life cause ill be 29 when im done and after that im too old to travel the world and work and have a dream job, my dreams failed because of failure to plan and worst of all... depression and not knowing what I want.

Most Helpful Guy

• Two words: Honesty and Appreciation. First off honesty. The chance's of you achieving all your dreams was pretty slim to begin with 7 billion people on this planet and not even a 1% of them have achieved all their dreams. Dreams are simply a compass giving you a since of direction. If you're miserable now achieving your dreams won't make you less miserable. Misery has nothing to do with success and everything to do with prospective. Which leads me to point to. Appreciation. First of your not dead or psychic so stop assuming your life's gonna go down hill from here. You don't know. Learn to be okay with that. Focus on what you have. You've got a degree and if you live in the western world a solid 30 more years doing whatever in the work force. You can do a lot in 30 years. You've got access to the Internet. You've probably never had to catch or grow your own food out of necessity. You e actually got a shit ton in your life worth paying attention to. And I'm not saying this so you'd feel ashamed about feeling negatively I'm saying this to show you that if you spend all of your time focusing on what's wrong how could you possible be happy. That's like staring into a toilet and wondering why everything always looks like shit. You've got to look around. Find things to appreciate in everything you do, see, feel, experience. The more you do it the more natural it becomes and the happier you'll be. I can almost guarantee you won't take this advise though. Like most people you're gonna take the hard route. You're most likely gonna keep beating yourself up about everything until you get so exhausted you'll give up and finally decide to pay attention to something other than your problems. Hopefully it'll be something healthy and you'll slowly change and end up being that old lady trying to advise the younger generation to chill out and learn to love life for what it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depression usually signals you need to make changes in your life. First you need to decide what changes need to be made , then motivate yourself to make those changes.

Unforeseen circumstances or wrong decisions can take away your dreams/ goals, but you have to try to challenge your mind to adapt to those changes , and create new dreams & goals for yourself... instead of become overwhelmed by disappointment

We all make mistakes and wrong decisions. Like they say... your best teacher is your last mistake. Wrong choices actually teach you what you don't want in my life. So mistakes help you to mature as a person and guide you on the right path that you want to be on. Mistakes are meant to guide you... not define you

What Guys Said 12

• You and me both. Oh. And you and me both. Err. Which is it. Are you 23 or 25? Either way, it doesn't make much of a difference I guess.

The average time to get a bachelors degree is by 26. You're only 3 years off. Not bad. Of course, if you wait anymore, then it will start getting bad.

It's never too late chica. 30 is the new 20, as they say. Don't give up just 'cause you think you're 3 years too old. That's insane. You can travel the world whenever you like. You can find a dream job even if you're 60. You know what will really kill your dreams? Assuming that it's too late to fulfill them.

Depression is nonsense. As a disease, it is nonsense. Depression is just a lack of needs being met or worked towards. No matter how much Big Pharma would like to tell you you have a disease for which you need to pay them for the rest of your life for a consumable resource. There's an essay topic for ya.

images.duckduckgo.com/.../

And no. Depression isn't a root cause of you regretting life. You're regretting your life because you made bad decisions and wish you had made better ones. That's your brain saying "Hey, look how stupid you were back then. You should, like, stop being stupid." It's your brain telling you that in the future, you will feel worse if you don't grab for what you want and need.

Exercise daily. Eat healthily, but also include the *occasional* junk food so you don't get burned out. Socialize. And get good sleep. If you fuck up, don't dwell on it. Just get back up and try again. If you're still depressed then, it's because you haven't achieved or aren't working towards these other goals.

• Look, I know how you feel. I went through something similar not too long ago. For years I was depressed, unsure of my future, and had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. But guess what?

I've spent the last 8 years in college. It was the biggest mistake I'd ever made.

Do I feel like I wasted my time? Somewhat, yeah. College, to me, was usually a humongous waste of time and effort. And bear in mind that I wasn't a slouch in college, I was a solid student that never failed a course. But I still learned things from my experience, the biggest being: listen to your heart. Now, I know that, and am trying something new. It's frightening because for the first time in my life I literally have no clue what to do or what will happen. It's still leagues better than my life before dropping out.

And what if it doesn't work out? What if, at say 45, I want go back and finish college? Well then I'll go and do that. After all, I've got all the time I'm going to live. I might as well go with what feels right at the time rather than trying convince myself otherwise or stress over what I didn't do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is listen to your heart, go and do what it is you truly want to do. If you fail, don't wallow in it, learn from it and use that experience for later. As long as you don't give up, you can never truly fail.

• I think clinical depression may be the root cause of you regretting your life so much,. Have you tried seeking help? As someone who suffers from depression myself, I cam relate to this.

• Join one of the branches of the armed forces. You'll travel the world especially in the Navy

• Lol its never too old to achieve your dreams... or even love..
    People jeep on updating themselves even when they have achieved their goal... so that they become more successful...

Its ok.. if you are taking your own time to achieve them... just make sure you achieve them for sure... and make it count...

• There are plenty of people that don't start working professionally until they're almost 30 because they were doing some blue collar job beforehand or in the armed forces so your not alone.

• That would be me. I had to go into another line of work after I graduated college because of state budget cuts happening in the departments of education. I'm 30 and recently started subbing, working on starting my credential in a year.

• I made terrible decisions, too. Much to regret, but there's no point. Must move forward.

• I know the feeling I don't feel I have accomplished much either

• Life doesn't end at 30. How old are you again? Your profile says 23, not 25. I'm personally waiting until I'm 50+ to travel the world with SO. Combined incomes, no more kids in the house and such...

• it's better late than never, we all make mistakes not only you... so move ur ass up get the degree you want, get your dream job and lets travel the world together

• Your trouble is you still have dreams. Stop caring about things and you'll find not much bothers you.

• Education is a continuous process even after 70. You don't stop learning. There are people who are in their seniors who are still getting their diploma. Life is not a race. Live your life in your own pace. Everyone is fighting their own battles... not only you. Maybe you don't see the things you can already be happy about... Remember... what you have now is better than nothing, which majority in the world experience... I advise you to change your prespective, make the best use of your time, have fun and try new things while you study, maybe fall in love, etc. What your life now is your life... make the most out of it.

What Girls Said 1

• 29 is hardly "too old" to fufil your dreams.
    You got this