Does anyone here honestly really care that much about what's in a person's online dating profile? I'm not saying personality isn't important, it is, but if you find the person attractive aren't you at least going to send/respond to their message? And if they send you a dumb/lame/creepy message aren't you going to ignore them even if you find them physically attractive?
I found a study online where one group of people were asked to rate physical attractiveness, and another group was ask to rate personality of online dating profiles, including blank profiles, and even empty profile's personality rates correlated strongly with the ratings from the physical attractiveness.
When you approach someone in person you don't interrogate them for a bunch of personal details. You have a short conversation and if they're a normal person you ask them out for a date and go from there. Is it really necessary to put a bunch of details in your online profile?
- Now that you mention in, no, I don't really care if their profile is empty as long as they had several good pictures.Vote A
- I wouldn't message an blank empty, but I'd respond if the messaged me first.Vote B
- They should include some information, but multiple paragraphs are unnecessary.Vote C
- I strongly prefer a complete profile, but empty isn't out of the question.Vote D
- I won't message or respond to any empty profiles.Vote E
- Only novel writers need apply.Vote F
- See ResultsVote G
Most Helpful Girl
Don't leave it empty but don't fill it up to the max. You want things that grab peoples interest on there and things that they can start talking to you about. There are some out there that fill it to the max, and they've pretty much taken away talking points since its all laid out there already for everyone to read.1
Most Helpful Guy
No matter how good her pictures are, I need to read something about her, written by (I hope!) her in order to get a feel for whether we'll be compatible as people or not.
I HATED blank profiles when I was using dating sites, especially if someone had a high compatibility score with me. I’d want to know why!