Why do I always get approached by dominant guys?

When I was in hs, I got kind of emotionally abused by my first boyfriend. He was always insecure and often told me that I might get controlled by other guys. In order to get attentions he told me so many horrible lies and also forbid me to talk to any guys. Since then I don't like guys who try to control me but I have been getting approached by guys who like controlling.
So whats type of girls do controlling guys like you think? And how can I find nice and genuine guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all dominant guys are overly controlling like your ex. But there is "controlling guys", and are one of the toxic type of people. Usually they look for kinder, genuine people to take advantage of (sadly why you can't be too nice all the time to everyone). They don't go for someone who's a bit selfish and not so easily controlled (have strong opinions etc.) because then they won't successfully control them the way they want to.

To avoid these types you don't have to give up selflessness, you just simply have to watch out who you're helping/being nice to. You have to be cautious and observing in order to not fall for lies and deceit. Show that you are a strong and independent person who can very clearly think for themselves and stand up for themselves. Generally controlling type of guys will become less drawn to you (there's some still there), and in turn more genuine guys will be drawn to you instead, but a lot of the time, dating and friendship can be quite a lottery, sometimes it's just all down to luck.

What Guys Said 9

• Genuine guys are everywhere, you're just not attracted to them, lol

• If you were super nice and never reject a favor or anything you will be automatically classified as an easy going girl therefore they will treat you like that.

• Search out a nice guy on online dating sites. Take your time and make sure he is normal and not controlling though.

• You can approach them yourself

• find yourself a vegetable they can't even control themselves let alone you

• Because you sound like a pushover and dominant guys like girls they can use easily.

• Well because non dominant guys don't really approach. They're too shy and wait for girls to approach.

• We can't help who we're attracted to

• Must be some type of attraction. My gf's mom is the same thing but with a$$holes.

• Dominant men are usually loyal men, read up on the psychology of it. There are fake dominant, players and sociopaths, but genuine dominant men are old fashioned usually.

• @UtopianLobotomy Random fact that answered no one's question.

What Girls Said 0