Guys, Gentlemen, What is the Kindest Way to Turn Down a Date?

This probbaly sounds like an asinine question, but I would really love a male opinion on this as by nature I have a hard time saying 'no' to anyone, not just admirers.

I'm always flattered when someone asks me out, but I'm not at a point in my life where I want to do much dating. I'm busier than stink and don't have the time to invest into dating and a relationship (the idea of a fling is not my thing at all I'm either in a committed relationship or single and right now I want to be single :) ). But I hate shooting these lovely men down, I know what rejection feels like and it (quite frankly) sucks no matter the reason.

From a male perspective what is the nicest way to be turned down by a girl? Because I have to see most of these guys on a daily basis (school, sports, work, etc) I usually go with a friendly "I'm really flattered but I'm not at a point where I feel up to dating or romance, but thank you for the offer." Or if I'm having a rough day with social anxiety I turn beet red and run away (poor option I know.)

Any preferences?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell them what you told us. I don't think you can do much better than that. It's polite and it's honest.

• Thank you, I appreciate the insight :) hurting feelings is not something I enjoy doing!

What Guys Said 1

• Sorry I can't my doctor at the STD clinic recommends I obstain from sex for 6 months until my chlamydia , thrush and genital warts are cleared up this time.