What can I say to get him to ask me out again?

There's a guy I've been talking to who is not big into texting and he never really initiates. He replies (although not for long periods of time) when I text him, but I feel like I'm doing all the work. We've been on two dates - the second was almost two weeks ago now, because he was out of town last weekend. Now that it's been a long time since we've seen each other I'm finding it difficult to start conversations with him. The first time I just went ahead and asked him out for the second date, but because of the situation last weekend, I can't do it the same way I did before. I don't mind just being blunt and asking him out again but if I could somehow (quickly, because he'll only respond once or twice to my texts - he won't have a conversation that isn't about plans really) steer things towards giving him the opportunity to ask me out, that would be preferable. Only because I want to know how engaged in this he is before I let myself get in too deep and find out he lost interest. Any suggestions on what to text him?

Most Helpful Guy

• First I think calling is way better than texting. It is more explicit and you can communicate faster without interruption. I'm glad to see that you also asked him for a date which is rare from a girl. But to get him to ask you on a date and to see if he has interest, you can simply ask something like : would you like to hang out with me? Or anything similar depending on the situation. If he wasn't interested I don't think he would've been on two dates with you!

What Guys Said 1

• just ask him out again.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he is not as interested as you would like him to be. If a guy wants to date a girl, he will make it happen.