How do I figure out how my friend thinks of me?

I recently confessed my love to my best friend, and essentially spilled out my heart, and left nothing to question, but when i ask her how she feels, she says "idk how i feel", how do i find out how she really feels?

What Girls Said 2

• waiting

• Sometimes when a girl says something short like "idk how I feel," it means that we have so much going on inside, so many conflicting feelings and thoughts, that we can't even get our bearings enough to express how we feel. I know that this happens to me a lot. I have so much tangled up in my brain that I don't even know where to start, so I just end up saying "i don't know." For one thing, your confession probably took her by surprise. She doesn't know if she can continue the friendship now, knowing you have feelings for her. She's considering her own feelings for you. She's considering what it would be like to date you. She's thinking about if you two were to date and break up, how it would affect the friendship. She's thinking about how it would feel to lose you as a friend. And she's considering various scenarios for all of the above, and probably more. So until she can "untangle" all of this, all she can say is "idk how I feel."

• So, what should i do, just keep talking with her, but don't say anything about loving her untill she can make sense of it?

• Yes, I'd say that's a good thing to do.

What Guys Said 1

• you will find out soon enough. You can be assured she wasn't on the same page at that time, so you may have lost a friend. but she only truly knows.