Need advice on a guy situation, does he actually care?

About a year ago I met this guy who was really awesome. When I expressed a year ago that I wanted to be with him, he was strange about it and I took it as he did not want to commit. He tried to explain how he was broken and not healed from his last relationship. I still took this as he was not wanting to commit. We stopped talking totally from about last March till September. He reached out to me and wanted to meet up. We reconnected again. I still wasn't really sure of his intentions though, so I pulled away this time. In January he sent a message saying basically how even if its just as a friend he wanted me in his life. We started texting a few days ago, and he confessed to me that a year ago when I said I wanted to be with him, he took that and spent the months trying to heal his old wounds and become a man that he said was worthy of me. He said that he was afraid and was trying to protect me from the jagged edges of his heart. I had no idea about this obviously, as I assumed he was just not interested in something serious. He is coming to my city this weekend to meet up. Im just afraid and I dont know what I should do. Does it sound like a legit thing? We also have never had sex, I didn't want to without being in a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you familiar with the term 'plate'? That's what you are, a plate to spin.
    If you don't want to have sex don't meet him - that's what he's after, plain and simple.
    Oh, and the whiny broken heart bullshit is just that. The quickest way to get over a girl is to get a new one. His explanation is embarrassing.
    And the sex and relationship thing is bullshit - if he was macho and handsome and rich enough you'd jump his bones. Don't see him if you're not completely thrilled with him, or you're wasting both your time.

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds legit, but it also sounds like a risk. If a guy won't be with you because he has issues, then he likely has serious deep rooted issues. I guess it depends on if you think this is worth the risk or not: I say meet up with him, give it a chance, but take it slow.

What Guys Said 3

• He is not lying and you should allow him to date you. He actually cares about you and want something serious cuz he had spent months thinking about this and this feels like his final conclusion and I think both of you will make a decent couple just give him a chance.

• yes i think its legit. if it make you feel better just say as friend and we will see were it goes from there

• I'm going through the same thing as him 5yrs after a 9yr marriage. I'm with a wonderful woman now but still dealing with all the broken pieces, and major trust issues! I don't feel worthy of the woman I'm with, but she is wonderful! I have issues saying I love her for fear of having my heart ripped out. Could be the same. He may feel damaged and unworthy. Don't make this a booty call, but give him a chance! Just my opinion.

What Girls Said 0