Can I still just be friends with the girl who rejected me? It hurts a lot whenever I see her?

• Yes you can
  • No you can't

Most Helpful Girl

• You can be friends with her if you wish but that's not a very wise decision.
    The more time you spend with her, the harder it'll be to get rid of any romantic feelings. You'll probably also start misinterpreting her being nothing but friendly as her having changed her mind.

• So I shouldn't?

• ok sure. Just be sure to not think she's being friendly for any reason other than platonic ones.

• I think it's because I have an unrealistic thought in the back of my mind that one day she might want to go out with me particularly because she rejected me nicely without actually rejecting me outright.

What Girls Said 4

• "B" for Blow her Off and Now... Move on.
    You cannot Mend your Own heart, Being reminded that You have No Start.
    Good luck and Keep it Civil when Needed. xx

• Not currently.. I don't see why you'd want to be if you're still hurting.

• Yes, if you can get over the hurt of being rejected.

• So that will have to come first.

• I think it is hard to remain friends with someone you want a relationship with , so i guess it depends on how emotionally strong you are

• Nope. Don't bother. :)

• Why not

• Light lol.

What Guys Said 1

• sometimes its better to move on so you dont get hurt every time you see her or with someone else.

• But I see her weekly anyway.

• the closer you stay with her the longer the pain will last because you will always want more than she is willing to give.
      if its the case were she just isn't ready for a relationship at this time because of school or work or other things in her life i would try to stick it out and be a supportive caring friend i know you can be

• No she said she's not interested in anything more than friendship atm and I took that to just straight out mean she's not interested.