How many significant others is too many?

For guys and girls, what I mean by this is, do you believe there is a point where someone has dated "too many" individuals by, say, the time they graduate high school? If so, what is that magic number?

Is everyone looking for someone fresh and untainted by the dating world, or is a girl or guy whose had more experience better?

Most Helpful Girl

• I really didn't date in high school. parents and small town were my excuse. Once, I started college, I really got into the dating pool. But, I married and divorced the first man I ever slept with. Now, I realize I didn't have enough dating experience to have any business getting married. Also, when you date a man and are not exclusive, so many women will date just that one guy, doing themselves a diservice. I learned to date a few guys (none exclusively of course) at the same time, let me tell you, it helps you understand what you need/want from a relationship, and if they are worth your time. Putting a number on how many dating relationships a possible partner has had is absurd. I went back to college, and realize that working full time, school full time, and raising my son, doesn't allow a boyfriend the time he deserves. So, I don't look for a serious relationship, but I find it is absolutely necessary to date still. To tell the truth, I do have a boyfriend now (first time in years), and he is absolutely a dream! Experience is better, because you understand all that you want/need from a partner. I really credit to knowing how wonderful my boyfriend is, because of my many dating experiences. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 4

• I think there should be a limit on age when people start dating so that they would be mature enough to know what dating is when they do. I don't necessarily like seeing young couples get too serious. Moreover, I don't see it as a good thing when a person jumps around to a person to a person and to another. I don't believe it to where you should save yourself for the marriage, but it should be something deep and special. That's what I think.

• i think the amount of partners someone has in their # of years of dating says alot.

If someone has 16 years of dating experience.and they have had 16+ bfs/gfs that means they have had on average 1 relationship every year.that either says they have either suck at being in a relationship or coincidentally been with 16 bad people.which is more likely to happen? The former of course.

• I think one is the best.maybe not necessarily for dating, but when it comes to passionate kissing and sex, and think one makes the relationship with the significant other more significant. But I do believe that some people might not realize that the one they are with is not the one they are meant to be with until after they have kissed and stuff.

• When someone is just graduating highschool, they're still really young. Of course, there's gonna be flings/relationships here and there so there's really not a number. It's all part of finding that special someone. I mean, as long as you're not jumping from person to person and being promiscuous. You can still date and not get intimate and that's fine. So really, there is no set number where there is too many if you're just staying on that level of getting to know someone.

Experience is good, but knowing that you're not throwing yourself out there is good too. When you get intimiate with someone, it should be special. For me, the thought of being with a guy who's had many many partners where they weren't even in a serious relationship, would be a total turn off.

What Guys Said 2

• their is no magic number in this game, when you have found the someone special you just move off the board :-)

.and if the objective in the game is just to keep that "cool dude" image.kinda the guy who knows everything and still says aloof.their is still no number.more the merrier ;-)

experience does help you get out of problems, but speaking bout them openly can get you trashed in any relationship.

• You can never date too many. Experience just means that they are ahead in the dating realm and have a greater chance to find their significant other.