A date for prom?

Is it that big a deal to have a real date for prom? Like a date date? Or do you think its better to go with friends? And if you vote for one, can you please explain why you choose that.

• Definitely go with a date, definitely
  • No, go with friends, its much funner with friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• B: Go with friends.

If you go with a date, you'll have a great memory associated to prom of a guy you may like. Granted, if you stay dating that man, and eventually marry him- you will have some great stories for your grandchildren. But the likelihood of marriage happening at this early in life is really slim, especially if we are talking about it lasting and being "TRUE love".

If you go with "just friends", you don't have to worry about offending your date. You can dance with whoever, do whatever, and go wherever. You won't have a puppy-dog following you around the dance, or someone superficially giving you flowers and roses (as sweet as they may be).

I was raised by my grandfather for a majority of my life, who was a real cowboy and a chivalrous gentleman. So my belief is a bit biased towards the general tone of prom and going with a date; contrary to the societal trend of having a date at prom.

~ ArtistBBoy

• Yea for my prom I was pretty bummed out that I didn't have a date so I just went with my friends who had dates but I wasn't going to let that bother me so when I got there I had some fun

and then I realized that I not having a date was pretty awesome cause I just do whatever and not really focus on my date and dance only with her

• You should go, you'll have a lot of fun watching people interract. Personally, I thought it was the best dance I've ever gone to. I got up on stage and the DJ almost kicked me out because of it (whoops!)... But regardless, I got a lot of cool pictures with my friends and an overall great night.

Thanks for the feedback albino! :)

• Courteousy Reminder: Don't forget to choose the best answer. If you need further assistance in this situation, please post an update.

What Guys Said 1

• Well I think, from a guy's point of view, it's not good to come without a date. For girls it's 'cool' to come with friends, and they could dance at the prom with her friends; and for me I'd rather dance with my date rather than my football buddies.

What Girls Said 2

• I had a date for my prom, but he was just a friend. All of my friends also had dates who were just friends. For one thing, tickets were cheaper if you went as a couple lol. Plus, all of our dates were either from other grades or other schools, so they wouldn't have been there if we all decided to go alone; by bringing dates, we could bring more friends.

Some of my friends were in relationships, but decided to go with other people because their boyfriends didn't know many people in our class. The people who did bring their boyfriends/girlfriends who didn't know other people were only with them the entire night to keep their dates from feeling awkward. It's less fun that way.

• I went to prom with a group of friends. Only a couple of my friends had dates (and one of them ended up being stood up). I had a lot of fun, and it really wasn't a big deal. I couldn't say that one option is better than the other, its more of a personal preference. Really, we just didn't want to miss out on prom (and later regret it) just because we didn't have dates.