Is the guy I'm dating still in love with an ex?

The other day we were talking. He said if their was anyone from his past he would bring into his future would be his ex. He said she is beautiful, great mom, and he loves how smart she is. That when he meet her he realized good women still exists. So, I asked him why did they break up. He was like, I moved here and didn't know what my situation was going to be like and it would of not been dar to her. Plus, she is with someone else now and is very happy. So, now even though he says how much he is comfortable around me and opens up to me. I feel I should guard my heart and not really invest in this potential relationship. What do you think?

For more clarity. When he was making that statement he was referring to his ex wife. That He wished he had never married her and wished he could have married the other girl instead. But, since he has been with her. He has had another child from his ex wife and been in a relationship for 2 years with someone else. Have dated others before he started pursuing me. I know he cares for me he proves it through action and not just words. The same qualities that person h
Has I have as well. That is why he is interested. Smart, attractive, great mother, great cook, and I challenge him to be a better man. He likes that and is open with me and is comfortable with me. He said he doesn't open up to no one else like he does with me. So, I will have a conversation with him about this and go from their. In the mean time I won't wear my heart on my sleeve.

What Guys Said 1

• He's not over her and not that into you

• Has it ever been someone from your past that you wished things would of ended differently with? Don't we all have at least one. I do. But, that doesn't mean I want to be with him. It wasn’t meant to be so I moved on. He cares for me I know that much. He shows it and tells me. So, I don't know. I guess I will talk to him. Then go from their.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he def. Still got feelings for her

• Don't we all have one person in n our past we wish things could of been different with?

• Sad to say , but he still has feelings for her.. If I were you I'd dump him by now.

• I feel the same way. I have called if off and he still pursues me. I have those same qualities he is looking for that's why we are dating now for almost three months. He makes me feel like I am the only one he wants to be with. I don't know.