Are dating websites real?

anyone meet irl

what about interacial dating com

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been on various dating websites for almost 8 years now. Messaged more than a thousand women over the years and got only one date out of it. We actually met in real life, although I had to drive about 200 miles. Unfortunately, when I got there, she turned out to be on some government watch list (someone in her family was a terrorist), and because I was also on a list, a SWAT team interrupted our date about five minutes later. I got released after being interrogated for the rest of the day. They held her for a bit longer. I tried to contact her a few times after that, but she never replied.
    Overall, a disappointing experience. I do not recommend only dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I met up with a few guys from Match. com and eHarmony. They were respectful professionals but after we hung out and realized that our work schedules didn't work (we thought we'd give it a try anyways), we parted ways amicably.

I signed up for OKCupid and PlentyOfFish but disliked those sites. Too many guys asking for sex and not wanting to get to know me for a relationship, which is what I stated I wanted.

What Guys Said 19

• I met my wife on eHarmony in 2005. In June we will have been married for 10 years.

A happy decade together with @GraySailorsBride proves to me that dating websites are quite real.

• I have met women through dating sites, there are definitely real people that use these websites.

However as a guy, we have much more reason to be skeptical; female bots are rampant on dating sites (especially Tinder). But as a woman the amount of bots you encounter are going to be way less (if any).

• Depends highly on the dating site, what you should ALWAYS do especially on the more dirty ones is check the bottom of the pages and the terms of service. at least the dutch ones always have a line stating words like fictional, entertainment etc. When a site has those words is a SCAM you should avoid. All others and the main popular ones are often real and real meetups can happen.

• I always thought that a bunch of the site posted fake profiles to attract other people to their sites. So I would say they are somewhat fake.

• yeah i met people from ther irl and also had a few interacial dates. it´s not the bees knees though xD

• Match. com does not seem to be real. I've tried to go on a date. Then I closed my account and then it sent me a message saying someone sent me a message. I didn't take the bait. POF. com can be a good one, but it may be sleazy.

• I can't say for certain. I thought I saw a dating website the other day, but it turned out it was just a goat eating cheese. Found a match, though. Started a lovely fire with it, and ate a nice hot meal in the company of my goat friend!

• They're real but never worked for me, I'd rather get to know them in person. Not through the computer.

• the sites are real
    the people however aren't always real

• My son and his girlfriend met on okcupid. A coupke of other friends had great luck on match. Com and one got married.

• do you work for ok cup i. d

• Met my wife on pof

• No they are all fake its all the Illuminati controlling it.

• yes otherwise they wouldn't be there

• Tinder counts?

• I rather die alone than join a fucking dating site

• personally i do not trust them very much

• I think the best answer to your question is for you to Google: "better than tinder" , then click images.

... no bullshit

• Datin' websites are for shy people and only... not for others...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• haha! i dunno man! lol

• i met my man on okcupid in 2014~ we've been together over a year and i'm pretty sure he's real, so.

• I met my fiance online!
    He literally never has time off and joined to talk to women since 95% of the people he works with are also male.
    I was bored and wanted to chat with people.
    We started talking and realized we liked each other, skyped, then met in person.

It was a hookup/friend/dating website. Not a good one though.

• I'll forever think dating sites are for desperate people/losers.

• for some reason I think the same lol

• I have used one. I agree for the most part there are a lot of those people on them and a lot of people just looking for sex, however, there was also people like me who just don't have the time. It makes it easier. What little spare time I get I spend with friends, I don't use it to go out and try to meet men. I met my boyfriend on their and he has the same circumstances. He works a full time job, part time job and is in university. He doesn't get much spare time either.. It's a matter of picking through the looser ones and finding the rare decent busy with life people basically.