Found a really great girl, but might be approaching dating limbo... I really like her, but pursuing might not be practical? Up the ante? Advice?

We're both in law school--she's a year below me and I'm her teaching assistant (TA) for a class. Talked in the fall semester, but this spring semester we've been talking/ hanging out a lot more (prof. doesn't care, no grading power). Started when she came for dinner and drinks with my friends for my birthday a few weeks ago--been hanging/going out for drinks a few days a week. Very lively conversations, and whenever we're together it's so in the moment. Very similar interests and both have very similar outlooks on life. To be short--I really like her, and she might be the most beautiful person I've met, inside and out.

Last few weekends I've had a drink at her bar when she was finishing, and we've gone to another-- always introduces me to her friends, being bartenders in the area. Last night was the first time we were alone. She's talked about her ex a couple times now--they were obviously very close, and last night she was saying the 'if it's meant to be, we'll get together, such a beautiful person,' etc. Red flag?

Last night I was a few drinks ahead of her because I was out with some other friends first, but when we were alone (and a few more drinks deep) some crazy started chatting us up and she asked how we knew each other (and if we were together) and without thinking for some reason I just said I was her TA, but she was laughing and said no we're friends. Small thing and it was a fine night after, but I can't shake it. And since I live on her way home, she dropped me off, but being hammered at that point (I held it together the whole night though) I didn't even think to invite her in or make a move or anything.

This summer I'll be working a couple hours away, but then I'll be back for my final year. I don't know how slow or fast to move this because of that, but I don't want to lose her without trying (towards a relationship). How do I handle this? What can I do to up the ante (and should I)? Thanks!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0