Should teenagers be allowed to date?

I think teenagers should be focused on forming friendships, maintaining family relationships, and getting educated and ready for a career. Teens are still trying to figure out and decide who they will be in their life, and it's not a time to add the drama that naturally comes along with dating when you're too young. Messy breakups aren't healthy.

• Yes
    67% (12)67% (12)67% (24)Vote
  • No
    33% (6)33% (6)33% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Teenagers learn from the mistakes, and thats a part of life... I think they shouldn't have sex until theyre 100% ready... but as for dating, they could date.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I despise people who think they should decide how others live their lives.
    These people should be forbidden from voicing their opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • They need to give kisses and date to know themselfs better.
    Let them fuck. Sorry the words but tha's real life.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I had a daughter I would make an impossible challenge for her boyfriend, he must beat me in Mortal Kombat Armageddon. I'm a monster in that game.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I have kids they won't be allowed to date until they go to uni.

1|0
    0|0
  • i agree. many feel that dating is just a form of recreation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Teenger can allow to date after the age of 17. After that age they have own maturity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.. Only after they get Matured...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lack of dating experience in your teens increases the chances of making major relationship mistakes with big ramifications in your 20s.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they should be allowed to. That doesn't mean they should date but teens rebel so if they weren't allowed to they'd do it more

1|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• I agree here. Teenage years should be spent forming healthy friendships and maintaining family relationships. I wish my 15 year old self back then had appreciated this and not got myself into 2 particularly damaging relationships with slightly older guys :/ so, yeah. I really do see where you're coming from here, and I totally agree. I'd say from about the age of 18+ it's a bit more acceptable to date. But no younger than that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16. It was a good thing. I However, the messiest "break-up" I ever had was a close friendship.

1|1
    0|0
    • @SunsetRose Ohh.. Thats sad.. Breakup with Close friend Hurts a lot..

Anyhow I haven't had a date yet.. But have a close friend which I donn wanna loose..

• I'd say that it depends on the 2 teenagers in question.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most adults aren't even focused on that... Not being a teen doesn't mean your prepared or even able to deal with half the shit that pops up. You just cope.

0|1
    0|0