My boyfriend has changed?

I know this is one of THOSE questions. But I need to clear my head and put it out here.

I feel my boyfriend doesn't love me anymore. He used to text me "I love you" and plenty of heart/kisses emojis all the time. He's definitely cut way down on that or even stopped. I'm not sure anymore.

He also used to want to spend an entire day with me on the weekends. For the last two weekends, he says he has to have family dinners - birthdays and anniversaries etc - so we just meet for a couple hours. The worst was when he didn't tell me that he had dinner plans (obligations) and I expected that we would spend the entire day together. He doesn't seem too upset by it (he would definitely have been more upset a few months ago)

We have been together for 8 months now and I feel this might be what they say about the "honeymoon"/"passionate" period wearing off.

My gut instinct anyway is very often right, and it is now yelling at me that it's more than just over the honeymoon period. It is that he is tired of seeing me and doesn't "love" me anymore.

Any thoughts please?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you I would test him a little more on it. See if he avoids you when you plan something for both of you.

You may be right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's just the honeymoon phase ending. Try to stay optimistic about the relationship, communicate your continued love for him and observe his actions going forward.

What Guys Said 2

• i think that the best way to know for sure is if you ask him straight up

• What would you suggest I ask in order not to sound needy/pushy? That's what I'm worried about.

• Sorry, he wants his life back

• Would distancing myself from him for say a week help do you think?

What Girls Said 2

• It could be that he has changed, but it may not be because he changed his mind.

This is quite simply probably a sign the honeymoon period is over in the relationship. No need to panic!

The best way to deal with this is to talk to him about it. Find out what his schedule is and try to pre-plan days to spend with each other. Let him know you would like a text message and for him to contact you. When he does, let him know that it makes you happy and you feel special.

• I did think of that, but I'm worried that being so pushy about it, assigning set dates to meet etc (instead of spontaneous plans for e. g.) will turn him further away. He doesn't like to be "nagged"

• Then I would just talk to him. Let him know you would appreciate it if he sometimes came up with date ideas and planned things for your two. It's not fair for you to do all of that work. He needs to put in some effort too.

• I don't know what to tell you. Unfortunately, honeymoon/passionate phase probably can't last forever. I broke up with my last boyfriend when it started wearing off. Have you tried discussing it with him?

• Oh why did you break it off? Was it because you felt bored of him? I don't know what to ask him and I'm worried that asking him about it might make him think I'm being too pushy.

• Well not exactly, but as a result of that, we started fighting. A lot.