Is a girl being funny a turn off for guys?

One of my friends is friends with this drop dead gorgeous girl and they have the best chemistry and I asked him why he doesn't date her and he said he actually likes her he can't even imagine having sex with her and I was schocked he'd say that cause how pretty she is but after spending time with her I saw how hilarious and witty she was and I thought maybe it's the fat girl thing where the fat girl is funny and everyone wants to be friends but no one wants to date her, except on a hot girl.
So is it a turn off when a girl is funny?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a difference between being funny and a clown. Same as with roles reversed. One is a turn-off, the other isn't. The key difference though is that a sense of humour doesn't make the girl anymore sexually attractive to guys. Sexual attraction is there or not for guys while it is more complex and fluid for girls.

• Also the guy in your example probably is just taking it as an excuse to not say he isn't into her. What girls define as drop dead gorgeous often isn't necessarily the same as guys definition of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider myself funny, and that's one of the million reasons why guys only want me as a friend lol or friend with benefits 😂

What Guys Said 27

• I don't care how hot a woman is physically, if she's funny she's a minimum ten times more attractive. Were I to know her, I doubt I'd have a chance to ask her out cause of the swarms of men around her.

• Absolutely not. Though, humor is a sign of intelligence and some guys are easily intimidated. He might be intimidated by her intelligence. It's a possibility. You can see the sign when he says she is too beautiful for him to even imagine having sex with her. He feels he is not good enough for her. He does not "deserve" her.

• a good sense of humor is definitely not a turn off

• I think that he must have another reason not to date her. I prefer a funny girl than a very serious one who rarely laughs.

• No not at all. I really like when she is funny

• No that is awesome, that's like literally 1 in a million. So few women are even remotely funny that when one is she really stands out.

• No at all... girls with a sense of humor is way attractive. It can take an average looking girl up the attractiveness scalebar!

• No, I actively look for women who share my own brand of dry, dark, humor. I couldn't live with someone who didn't have a similar sense of humor to mine.

• Maybe it is, sometimes. Funny girls can be hard to read. Best to let them lead and do your best to follow.

• No it gives me a boner when she stimulates my laugh box :)
    http://www.sbmania.net/pictures/65b/168.png

• It can be a put off, especially when it is at the extreme.

• Dafuq, I put that kind of women in the dope girl category. And you know what they say about dope girls, if you find one, never let go.

• Why would it be a turn off? Guys like to laugh, too. I'm not sure if it's an attractive/unattractive trait, but guys enjoy laughing.

• Your kidding right? a good sense of humor is a wonderful especially in dating.

• definitely not. Its just that he doesn't see her as more than a friend and isn't interested in her that way

• Nope. Funny girls are the hottest.

• It makes a woman more attractive.

• It's a definite turn on

• Constant biting sarcasm or unkind comments towards nice people is a turn off. Pretty much all other comedy is a major turn on. My dream girl would have wit, and also know how to take a pie in the face.

• For most guys its turn on... mytake. its sexy and charming

• No being funny is great. Always.

• Definitely the opposite. Funny is always a bonus. Maybe he just likes her as friends though?

• Not at all. He probably just grew to value her too much of a friend and now won't jeopardize that.

• No, i don't think it turns guys off. It doesn't turn them on like some women seem to really like it, but its not a drawback.

It's something else going on there.

• No a funny girl isn't a turn off.

• I'd rather she laugh at my jokes than make her own. That's what I mean by GSOH. lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Nope! Guys like funny girl!

• Why would someone who can make you laugh be a bad thing?

• No, on contrary. I think men value it.