Why am I so upset?

Me and this girl I was talking to for a month and a half are no longer speaking. I have no idea why but she just stopped texting me one day. I got her something small for valentines day and she seemed like she really liked it. At first it went 3-4days after that not hearing anything from her and finally I texted her and she replied saying she lost her phone and got sick.

Then we texted for a few days and now its been over a week since I have heard from her but I can't get her out of my head. I know a month and a half is a really short time but the best part of my day was when I could talk to her and the best time of the week was when I could see her. We went to movies and out to eat. When we went out to eat she told me things about her past that she even said "I haven't ever told anyone that before." Everything was going absolutely great!

In the last days we were talking she said that I was "good long term boyfriend material" and she "wants a long term relationship" with me and its just that anytime she gets out of a long term relationship her next one is extremely short. . And now we aren't talking after all that. Looking back I think I was a rebound thing but it still hurts me that we aren't even talking anymore.

Any idea of why I am so upset when I shouldn't be and how do I get over her?

Most Helpful Girl

• This has happened to all of us at one time or another. I had a guy do something like this and he actually came back a year later telling me how confused he was. Saying she lost her phone and got sick are your typical cop outs. Whatever you do, do not contact her again. My gut tells me there is another guy in the picture, or an ex-boyfriend. Sometimes what happens is that once an old boyfriend hears their talking to a new guy they get jealous and they start sweet talking the girl and before you know it they kick you to the curb and disappear. Its normal to be upset because she said all of this stuff to you only to turn around and disappear. Its really hard I know, I've been there. If she just got out of a long term relationship than this is exactly why she treated you like this. My gut tells me she will pop up all of a sudden. Try not to sweat it and understand that what you are feeling is normal and you will move on and get over her. To be honest the guy who did this to me I really fell hard for and its been 3 years and I still think about him a lot, so if you did have a deep connection with her than you might never actaully forget her. Try to move on by dating other girls and realize there are other girls who you could be.

• It's so sad that people do this, I'm going through the same thing right now. I hope that I can completely forget about him. I'm sure I will not being that he and I were friends for many years first. Everything is down the drain for a one month relationship, never thought in a million years he would do me like this.

What Girls Said 6

• you know what? it's only been a week. don't worry so much. hey maybe something came up that is out of her control.

she probably is really nervous. she might have moved on. she might have things in her life that are occupying her right now. you don't know the reason yet right?

have you tried to text her back?

maybe try to find out why she is sick? and did she really lose her phone? and if you're friends with her friends, try to figure out what's up.

• The truth is; you really like this girl :) & It also sounds like she is confused about something.

You should just give her space and start talking to other girls, hang out with your friends.. Have fun! In due time she will contact you when she isn't confused anymore. When girls get the time to think without the guy in the way.. it make us realize we miss the guy. Give her time and she will contact you :)

no worries xo

• It seems to me that you're uspet because you two got so close in such a short amount of time. When people develop such a great relationship in such a short amount of time, whether it be friendship, love, or something in between, it almost seems as though they're closer then they ever would be. I suggest by just going to parties and meeting new people, you'll possibly find someone new. I know this all sounds so generic but, picking up a new hobby, trying something new, anything new, it'll help. Something that really helped me was Feed My Starving Children. I was a wreck after a recent break up and my friend brought me to one of the events, and it really brought my spirits up,and I also met some really fantastic people!

• Sounds like bs. "Anytime I get out of a long term relationship; her next is extremely short." And how does she know that is what will happen every time? I'd be upset to if I were you; you need to be upfront and honest with her. Tell her to tell you the truth instead of making up excuses. That wrong for her to string you along. Like she's giving you false hope or something.

• Your upset because you oviously really liked the girl. The only way I really get over a guy is to find a better guy. So my advice to you is to start talking to other girls and eventually you will get over her.

• I have a similar experience to you. I was texting this guy for about 3 months then he just stopped and yet I kept thinking about him. I think it has to do with getting so close to the person that its almost as if you actually are dating because you tell so much of yourself, so its really hard when the other person suddenly just leaves, because its like a part of you has left. It will take some time, but you will get over her pretty soon. You probably won't ever forget her completely though, so just be aware of that and in the mean time just learn and grow from what you guys had together, it can only make you stronger. :) Hope that helped!

• Just a question: why would the other person pull away if you're getting closer that it's almost as if you're dating? Because I've felt the same way and had the same thing happened to me.

• In my experience the guy got a girlfriend, and it could also be that the other person just doesn't feel the same way that you do

What Guys Said 5

• First off how do you know you're gonna be a short rebound. If you think about it, everybody after the first relationship is a rebound (technically speaking). You shouldn't be so willing to just stop liking this girl and getting over her. You clearly wrote that she wants to go out with you, so what is the problem exactly. I say go for it, talk to her more about it. And it's normal I've found that after someone says they like you, it's usually a few days before contact is made again. Don't get down on yourself. I'm sure everything will work out, if not with this girl, then the next girl. Good Luck and don't give up on her.

• I just went through the same thing basically. I was p*ssed off because I was led on. I felt like something was gonna happen and than it just changed all of a sudden. I confronted her on it but really that just made me more confused and upset because she still couldn't just be straight up with me. Your mad because youve embarrased yourself and that's what hurts rejection is easy and I can accept that but when somebody jerks you around and you put yourself out there and they just bail all of asuudden you can't help be feel stupid and angry.

• who are you? as this thing is happening to me to like all the same I got a girl a gift for v-day like some truffles and since then we barely talk and don't hang out and she said she was sick also I hope someone answeres this so we both can figure it out

• Women are stupid (no offense girls) at times. I wish they would at least say why they don't want to talk to me anymore instead of just stopping and hoping I pretty much fall of the face of the earth. It seems like everyone I talk to takes the easy way out like this :(

• Stop thinking about texting her and call her - or even better, have a face-to-face conversation with her. Texting on a cell phone is no replacement for speaking face-to-face. So call her and say "I haven't seen you in a while, when will you be free?"

• Wow. My situation is like yours, except I was "talking"/hanging out with a girl for four months then she just stopped one day and never answered. It's been about three months since, so it was done before V-day. I don't know what to say. You're right about the "easy way out". I just wish she'd tell me she's not interested so that I stop thinking about her. But she never did so I just think about her. I feel like you do, like I shouldn't be upset over someone I didn't have a true relationship with, because it doesn't make sense. I guess it just means we have feelings and they were played around with.