I wasted my youth?

by being lazy and not working hard enough and not enjoying life enough, just sitting at home. Im 23 in 5 months 24 and I feel old depressed and im seriously lost. never experienced love and just living it up. I feel like an old soul. I regret so much in my life already... I should have traveled at 21 lived life a bit more... 24 sounds so old and not youthful anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear your 23 going on 24 I promise you you're still young and can still do all of the things you want the only difference now in your life is that you need to actually hold to your convictions you want education go for it but stick in there and do it, you want travel save up and do it, you want love then let go of what ever is holding you back and start dating so you can find love. You have plenty of time so stop waisting it feeling down on yourself for your supposedly waisted years and start living your life. Make a plan wright it down in detail setbacks will come, but work threw them and don't let them discourage you. Follow threw with what you want in life. I wish you luck an hope that you find joy and love in life. Good luck dear.

What Guys Said 17

• I was just hitting my stride at your age! But also talking like you're talking now, haha. Best advice I can give you: don't waste a minute of your youth on thinking you're old. 30 really is "the new 20." I had a blast in my mid and late 20s, and I know many others who did too. My only regret is convincing myself that I was old when I wasn't, haha.

• Most of what everyone does before their mid twenties is wasted. Many are familiar with these facts:
    At 23, JK Rowling was broke. Tina Fey was working at the Y. M. C. A. Oprah had just gotten fired from her first job as a TV reporter and Walt Disney had declared bankruptcy.
    You still have the whole rest of your life ahead of you. Go out and make the very best of it.

• No you haven't wasted your youth. probably even haven't started it yet. don't compare yourself to others.

the way you talk sounds like the start of a depression for me. catch yourself before it digs deeper into you. You are very youthful but you sound very depressed.

• You sound like my BFF, she is worried too. If you are unhappy with where you are, do something about it! I completely threw away everything I had in life at 32 (career, house, relationship, car) because I was unhappy with it all, I felt empty. I felt like I had nothing left but three decades of work and then death.

• Until you're 30 you still have time. The past is the past, start now and don't regret for something you could've done.

• its never to old to make changes in your life. you have all ready realized there is something wrong and missing in your life , thats the hard part admitting it. no its time to figure out what you can do and change it and make plans for the future to get what you want.

• I understand how you feel. It's hard to not compare yourself and your life to the kids you went to school with or knew growing up. Social media can be fun but also terrible because most people share all the wonderful things in their life and leave out all the bad stuff.

When I was in my teens I never took any chances on making friends or getting dates. More recently I have started taking some chances. And am trying to learn to take more.

TAKE CHANCES and RISKS

• Ugh, I feel the same way! 😭

• Well, as crotchety old man of 24 I can safely tell you that... that's a load of BS. I spent a good majority of my life not enjoying life, but it's never too late to turn that around. Whether you're 24, 42, or 92 for that matter.

• Fuck you! You're feeling old at 23? You're just entering your youth you dumb fuck. Get the fuck out of here!

• Wait you realize sitting here and whining you are wasting more of it right? You are STILL young.

• This makes me think about myself. I'm 16 and I'm the same footsteps. Except love. I'm just falling in love.

• Youth has no age... go out... n live

• You are still VERy young... don't waste your life being upset... do these things now :)

• Oh just wait 4 more years when you hit 28... you'll feel like you should be married and having kids soon. Sounds like you are wasting your years

• high five. losers of the world... unite!

• Holy shit. I just realized that I'm old too. I don't wanna be old. Help me. I'm already 20.

What Girls Said 11

• You're still very young! If there are already so many things that you regret, do you really want to keep adding more? You still have time to do the things you want to do in life. You can still get out of your house and do things. Work hard, travel, make new friends. It's never too late to change things, especially since you're still so young!

• It's never too late. And 23-24 is not old! What's stopping you from doing exactly what you want right now? You will not get anything good out of regret and wishing you would've done things in a certain way. What is done is done but what matters is what you are doing right now. Only you have the ability to turn your life around.

• Make goals to reach by the time you're 30.

I bought a white board and wrote a bunch of goals I want to accomplish in 7 years.

In 7 years I'll have a degree, a career, and my own apartment.

Relationships are definitely not a priority for me. I have wasted enough time trying to get a boyfriend, time wasted on dating apps, and dating people who weren't right for me.

You will live a happier life if you put romance in the backseat and focus on making your life badass, on your own
    cdn.diply.com/.../...37-4e8e-8255-10fb2731e623.jpg
    scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../..._1152460635_n.jpg
    m.quickmeme.com/.../...66b40970b887e46b030d57e.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYcq3oXWkAAdKxz.png

• You still have over 65 years left, you're not old

• Well I guess I should go dig a grave for myself then, I'm 26 and haven't traveled anywhere. Except last year I went to Israel for the first time, I don't go out, don't do parties, don't get drunk and sit at home every chance I get.

Don't be so depressed about life, you're just beginning to live it..

• 24 not old!! If you didn't travel at 21, it's fine you can travel sometime in the near future. You're never too old to have fun and enjoy life :)

• You still have time.
    Make a list of all the things you should of done as a child and set goals to do them by the end of the year

• chillax ur still in ur youth. u need to pep urself up into a fresh start feeling.

• 24 is NOT old... cmon... you can travel at any age.

• 24 is still young.

• I feel the same about myself. I'll turn 24 in May and the only thing I've accomplished so far was getting a uni degree, which has no meaning to me, as I majored in something I don't really like.