Was he just experimenting?

Was he just experimenting?

My ex and I started hanging out as friends again a few weeks ago. We had a 4 year relationship and at the end it was nothing but physical. The first few years were great and we were always hanging out and laughing and we were each other's best friend. The past few weeks we started hanging out again and last week we went to the museum together. We had fun and talked and he kissed me goodnight. We texted a lot the following week (he initiated a lot of it) with him asking me to hang out twice and me being busy with work and other plans. When we finally hung out again we watched a movie and it got physical (not intercourse) and when he left he gave me a goodnight kiss again. The next day he texted me saying he had to get it off his chest that he didn't want to move forward with this and doesn't think we couldn't even be friends and he needs to cut it off. I don't understand him going from initiating all our hang outs and conversations to want to complete cut off. It went from fun flirty movie night and in less that 16 hours to wanting to be completely cut off. I'm just hoping someone could help explain this to me. Was he just experimenting h how he felt the past few weeks? If so why was he the one texting and asking to hangout.

What Guys Said 2

• He probably was retesting the waters and reassuring himself that he doesn't want anything with you. He probably just started to rethink about you two again and was questioning if breaking up may have been a mistake, so he simply retried to see how it felt. Obviously he didn't like what he felt. Don't take it personally, I would just forget him and move on.

• No!!!

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he realized that he has feelings for you and he cannot keep doing that.