Am married for 3 years but I dont love my husband anymore , he is so controlling, what should I do?

I dont love my husband and he knows it , am in love with someone else , its not easy for me to move out because of immigration and i work in his fathers company, he is so controlling when ever i go somewhere he calls to confirm, i have a trip in 4 days and he doesn't want me to go , should i just go since i dont love him anymore or just cancel my trip?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go on the trip and at the earliest possible moment leave him fo the person you do love. Life is far too short to be in relationships that don't work.

What Guys Said 6

• what does the other person that you're in love with thinks of your situation and is he willing to support your decision to move out? if so, move out because your happiness is worth more than staying on a relationship that's making you miserable.

• You should have figured this out before you got married. You obviously didn't pay attention or didn't spend enough time dating. I dated my wife for five years and there were no surprises.

• You two need to see a marriage councilor.

• Go on your trip. If he is abusive, there are places you can go to get help.. including your immigration issues.

• you can't help yourself girl :( I feel sad for you.. but better you get a good guy before taking any decision

• I have a good guy but its not easy for us to meet , i love with my husband and his parents, should i just do what i want instead of thinking about what they will think?

• We have been talking about marriage , he wants to marry me but he isn't proposing which is also confusing

• then I would say wait for the right time..

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• So you married him in order to get your citizenship. You've created your own bed deary.

• why didn't you pick this up from earlier on in your relationship?

• Go on your trip, find another job, quit your existing job, and then divorce him and move out.

• You obviously knew what he was like, therefore you shouldn't have married him in the first place.

• Did you ever try telling him about how you feel? Maybe he doesn't know its bothering you this much.
    If talking doesn't help.. When you earn enough money to move out & become a citizen, divorce him!

There seems like there is no trust.

• It will take more 2 years to become a citizen !

• Whats 2 years if you've already been that unhappy for so long?

• do what your heart tells u... go and run from a guy u dont love.. its a waste of time for both of u.. kids u have?

• So you've been cheating on him?