What are some reasons why a girl on a dating website would like and visit a guy's profile but when he messages her she doesn't respond back?

Like he will like her back too.

• She accidentally pressed the like button
  • She lost interest after reading his profile bio
  • She felt her personality didn't match up with hers after reading his bio
  • other explain

Most Helpful Girl

• She has other guys who are also interested in her, she perhaps has a job, goes to school, or has lots of other things going on in her life where she can't get right back to him. Unexpected distractions in life happen all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• If a woman is pretty, she'll have 6000 suitors on a dating website. Also women receive much more messages on dating sites than men do. Some women receive 70 messages a week or more. Because of this, often rejection isn't a personal thing but more of a cultural thing, because the woman is swamped with so much messages, she can't possibly filter properly through all the suitable candidates.

What Girls Said 4

• Really could be any one of these... the best thing you can do on a dating site besides put up an intriguing profile ( remember you are marketing yourself to the girl you desire) So you have to think about what girl is going to be attracted to you based on your pics and profile. When you message a girl try to separate your self from the pack and be cute, charming and intriguing. If you like gaming then make reference to that, or sports, etc.

• Probably was thinking to seriously about when she voted for him. Plus I bet they don't even think about if the dude would message them back. Which most of those chicks probably don't want that. So the vote probably just means,"you look cute but I wouldn't date you."

• A or C...

• she might be busy

What Guys Said 6

• So, I get tons of "Likes" on these apps but not a single one responds although my messages are neither weird nor creepy-

I had a girl send her guy friend to ask me for a date and whether I'd like to get to know her and I just said "yes", but before he could come back to her, she and her other 2 girl friends had stood and left.

So, if such things happen to me offline, then it must be intimidation - thinking they have no chance with me... :/

• wow that's crazy.

• The guy also apologized for this. I log in, and see 10 or 7 or 9 new "Likes" but none responds. I also indicated that I'm a psychology student and how many languages I speak - maybe this contributes to the factor of intimidation too -

Or they think that this is too good to be true.. :/

• wow women need to believe in themselves more if I liked someone I clearly want them to talk to me lol.

• Probably the same reason why a guy would like and visit a girl's profile. The difference is that girls often don't have the nuts to message guys first.

• girls do that shit all the time on those sites. so annoying

• So taking so serious on these dating site. Go talk to real girl

• She likely is likely getting 50+ messages a day, so either she has loooooots of choices, and has to make lots of cuts. Online dating is a rough game for men lol

• it's B along with also losing interest if there are more photos of him; girls that claim otherwise are just trying to be polite and cover up for their gender