How can you fall in love and get close with someone?

let's say this person is really nice, funny, popular, and very ambitious. most importantly he really seems to like me because he says it a lot everytime i ask him to be honest when i'm self conscious. it shows through his texts and his touches and his kisses and all the stuff he does for me.

but i don't feel like i should feel the same way, but i don't. i'm afraid of him leaving, so i try not to get too attached and i usually disappoint others. how can i overcome this insecurity.

and how did you overcome these kinds of feelings and fall in love if you ever did?

1|0
5|9

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not something you control, it just happens. If you're not feeling it then he's not right for you. When you truly connect it will just happen (whether you want it to or not). You do have to get over the assumption that every guy is going to leave you though. Maybe you need to see a therapist for that if it's really extreme.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Love never comes with a guarantee, no one can guarantee they will never leave you or hurt you , because people change , their feelings and so do their priorities. So you have to just focus on the "here & now" . Don't focus on what could go wrong , instead focus on everything that could go right.

You can't control someone else's feelings. People fall in over time as their feelings grow stronger for each other. Like they say " you can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall" So just enjoy the times you are sharing together now , and try not to think too far ahead into the future.

Try not to worry about becoming too attached to him, because he may sense that and he may view it as a sign of indifference towards him. Eventually that could cause him to start pulling away.

If the relationship fails then you will just have to deal with that IF and WHEN it happens. Don't worry about it ending , when it is only the beginning for you both

1|0
    0|0
    • Is it true people can "fall out of love" over time too?

• @Trotters

Yes i believe so, because people are only loyal to their own needs , not to other people. Once their needs change then so do their priorities. When their priorities change their feelings start to change. Therefore, they fall out of love

• Thank you for the MHO ♥

What Guys Said 8

• I agree with the first comment if he looks really happy being around you or you see him smile a lot those are signs that he likes you as a guy I do this a lot and i can't help it my advice is just be yourself how are you when your with your friends just act the same way and be natural.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have you ever heard of Schrödinger's Cat? (background information: bigbangtheory.wikia.com/.../Schr%C3%B6dinger's_Cat )
    TLDR: unless you try the relationship you will never really know if you truly don't like or like the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's complementing you, touching kissing you... He likes you. Why wouldn't you want to get attached? Are you attracted to him, think about him romantically? IF so then relax and be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • By trusting the other person not to leave you on a whim

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no math formula for falling in love. I would say kiss him back , be aggressive in the pursuit of him.

0|1
    0|0
  • your young could it be that your just not ready for this type of serious relationship yet

0|0
    0|0
  • Be good looking the rest is history.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aww, he likes you. How to fall in love? Just do it. Everyone/thing does it. It´s one of things we all do on this planet. We all think it´s of cosmic importance, but everyone does it. It´s just the way life functions.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• it isn't something you can force. it happens r it doesn't. and it can happen with people who treat each other poorly, just as it can not happen with people who treat each other decently. you can 'decide' to commit to someone and treat them lovingly with your actions, but you can't control who you fall in love with or who falls in love with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't love him. You don't have feelings for him but you see objectively that he is a great guy. But stop trying to like him in a way that you want. You're afraid of losing him. Why be afraid of losing him when you are not feeling the way you should or the way you want. That means let him go you will find another

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't really plan these things! It should be spontaneous

0|0
    0|0
  • You stop thinking.

0|0
    0|0