Any ideas on her, she's confusing me?

I have known her for about 6 months, and have gotten pretty close with her. Her home life isn't the best, so I try to do whatever I can to help her, get her, and be there for her. I try to check in on her, make sure she's ok, and look out for her. Not to long ago, she started becoming flirtitious with me, and seemed like she was developing feelings. We talked more, walked to classes, etc, and soon enough I started to develop feelings for her. I told her I really cared about her, and was always there for her whenever she needed me. It came to the point where I was going to ask her out, but then another guy came into her life. I don't really know him, and can't judge him, so I'm not. I can say though, that since this, she seemed more distant. I asked if the two of them were dating (they hung out, watch movies, etc), and even her friends asked if they were, she always says no, and looks over to me (it looks as they will be dating soon though). I kept being nice to her, and so on, becuase even if she doesn't feel the same, I still care and want to make sure she's ok. However, she seemed to brush me off, like the things I used to do, or help her with, was almost a chore for her to answer. So I sort of took it as a hint, and moved away from her a little. Becuase of that, she messages me first now, and when I wasn't in class, she messaged to see if I was ok (she never usually messages me first). I can't figure out whats going on, she seems to drop me when he comes into her life, but when I start to leave, she reels me back in. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she may be confused as to who she likes probably. I think you should talk to her and tell her you like her. It might help her make a decision.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• They always take for granted what they have until it's gone. The closer you get to girls as a friend.. the less likely they will find as relationship material. You get "friend zoned". If she's seeing/dating that other guy, I'd give her space. there is that old saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Not having you around will make her think of you more and what you to had.

• Tell her in person that you kind of like her, and that you want to spend with her to see if it will evolve into something more complex then it already is. If she says she only likes you as a friend and you have your answer. Then you can choose to rid yourself of her, or continue to be friends.