Guys, What do you think of born-again virgins? Would you avoid dating one?

I hate using that term, "born again virgin..."

Anyways, imagine that there's this girl who you're interested in. She isn't a virgin, but she for whatever reason decided not to have sex again until she's married. Would you continue to pursue her and date her? Or leave her be? Or does it depend on the situation?

Alrighty. Well, this makes me so glad that this is hypothetical.

I knew that I'd be seen as a crazy b*tch if I claimed this. But my friend disagreed, she said that "men like restrained girls. Just say you're one and they'll understand, cause they're supposed to respect you anyways." So we had this "born again virgin" argument. So then I said "okay, let me ask actual guys what they think." Thank you all for proving my point. :)

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope

If you're not a virgin, admit it and move on. That's just a faking strategy because they hear that guys don't like sluts

What Guys Said 23

• I'd leave.

I dont see the point in waiting until marriage for sex. The only thing that would possibly make it worth it is that I would feel special to know I am the first and only guy she has had sex with, which is rare nowadays. Even then Id be hesitant though.

However if she's already had sex with other guys outside of marriage I see no incentive for why I would want to wait. I wouldn't try to pressure her to change her mind, I would just be like "no thanks" the moment I hear she's a "born again virgin".

• Lets see how long you last, if its a year or more... than yes. If you just decided yesterday or last month... no.

• Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

• What? Fuck that. There's not "born again virgin". If you had sex, you're no longer a virgin, I don't care if now you wanna wait till marriage, you're still not a virgin.
    I don't play with that bullshit. First of all, I wouldn't wait till marriage for sex. And second, I wouldn't date a girl that had sex with another guy and made me wait years to have sex together. No.

• Nope. She already did it so forcing me to wait until marriage while some otger guy got it right away would a blow to my pride.

• "Born again virgin"

Sounds like something an utter sloot would make up to feel better about the fact she's been ragged every weekend for the past several years.

• Lol, yeah. I'd think that if I said something like that, the Grand Canyon meme with the caption "When she claims to be a virgin" comes up in their mind, and the guy would run the other way.

Thank you for proving my point. But, would you think differently of her if she just said it differently, like if she said that she wanted to be celibate until marriage? Or would you still think she's batshit crazy?

• Look, I don't think I could bring myself round to date a girl so my opinion might not be the best, but knowing what dudes are like, I'm sure most wouldn't give a fuck.

I can see them them feeling almost bad like "this girls had sex before so why won't she have it with me?". Eh I don't know.

But I think a lot of the guys who would hold off on sex until marriage, are probably the type of guys who expect her to be "pure" too (so they loose their v together). Sort of defeats the inner reason of holding out to marriage if one isn't a v ya know?

Honestly I think just holding out until marriage is a shitty idea, like you've fucked before why hold up and have a restraint mindset now? All it's gonna do is likely frustrate or demoralise the guy.

• I see. And you have a point. Even when I was a virgin, I was dating a guy that liked how I was "pure" so much that it was all he really talked about. It was annoying.

• Making me wait till marriage huh, well I respect that idea. Not everyone can pull it off and I do admire someone doing things differently than just following the crowd.
    However to be honest, Im not sure I would be able to wait but I wouldn't avoid dating her. Matter of fact, I would try to get to know her, makes me curious.

• I mean, I kinda depends how much sex she's had and the amount of guys. If it's like 20 times with 5 guys, then no. If it's like once, then yeah, I'd still pursue.

• Okay. In my case, it's just one. But man, am I glad that this question is hypothetical.

People are going all up in arms about "born again virgin" even though I stated in one of the comments that I know that title is bullshit.

• Yeah, read a few other comments. Not my part to really say "Oh, you still had sex, so don't lie to yourself about it." I don't care much for that.

• Being not virgin for marriage is depending on both boy and girl
    Some people waits for marriage (boys and girls)
    And that's came from respecting to their future wife/husband
    But maybe someone lost his/her virginity and now he/she changed
    And maybe they can talk to eachother about that issue

• No.

I don't date crazy people.

• I'd leave and laugh at her for expecting me to take that seriously

• This is as confusing as extra virgin olive oil. I have a headache. I'll go find a non crazy woman to rub my aches.

• Lol, okay.

But yeah, I can see why it's confusing.

• There's no such thing as a born again virgin. I'd avoid girls who say they are because they're clearly insane.

• I see.

So, would you think that girl is insane if they just said that they wanted to be celibate until marriage?

• I'm guessing you have to do some messed up stuff to start calling yourself a "born again virgin". You can't make a ho a housewife.

• I applaud your decision to wait! Hang in there!

• No. I wouldn't date a girl that used to give it away and now makes men wait.

• But you're not a virgin, you still had sex?

To answer your question, yes I would.

• I avoid crazys as best as possible

• I would avoid dating a real person.

• Lol!

Yeah, that's probably what I'd end up doing if I went along with the "born-again virgin" shit.

• Fuck that.

• I don't think i'd date one, no. More likely to date a virgin, though that's also unusual.

• I probably wouldn't stick around.
    If she was slutty before, she's still that to me.

I don't particularly care if a girl is a virgin or not, but she had to have had limited sexual partners and not given it out to random people. I want to wait (not necessarily 'til marriage) believe it or not.
    It just seems weird to me that she gave it to some guy (s) and now wants to hold her vagina in such high regard. The logic isn't there on this.

• born again virgins? buhaahaha. i doubt most women can pull that off either. its a passion. you fall again. except if she had a shitty first experience.

• but i always apreciate a person with some self restraint. thats true.

• Well, in my case, I had sex once. But yeah, if there was a girl who basically passed herself around guys and had 1,000's of partners, I doubt she'd be able to pull that off either. In that case, once a slut, always a slut.

• I'm currently dating a girl like that. I kind of think it's ridiculous but I guess if that's what she wants

• Oh. What was her circumstances? Why is she like that?

• She won't let me do anything with her

• Welp. Sorry dude. But what really matters is whether or not everything else about her makes up for it.
      But that really must suck sometimes.

• There isn't a such thing as a born again virgin in my opinion.

The definition you gave to me just means celibate until marriage.

I wouldn't be down for that. I need sex. I'm not highly sexual, but I still need that.

• Yeah, I don't think it's real either, hence why I hate using that term.

And that's understandable.

• I know. And it's not like I'm trying to be prude. I just don't want to be screwed over again or give too much up to a guy who doesn't care as much about me anyways.

• Yeah I understand. That's fine. I'm sure plenty of people are celibate. Hey might be the better option. I don't know.