Is 22 too old for a 17 year old girl sexual relationship?

Well actually 21 but turning 22 in a few months, she turned 17 a few months ago. Is this too bigger age difference for a sexual relationship where both parties concent? Is that weird or is it ok?

age of consent is 16
bump

Most Helpful Girl

• Both parties may consent, and she might be at the age of consent, but that doesn't stop her parents from making an attempt to kick your ass... or call the cops (which I hope they do btw).

• so you think its too bigger age difference? Im sat on the fence here so thats why im asking on here so I can make a decision there is nothing sexual about our relationship atm

• At least wait until she's an adult.

• yeah fair I think I agree, I didn't actually realise her age until just the other day and I was quite shocked and disappointed tbh. Think im gona have to leave her to it, hope she doesn't get hurt by this tho, she must understand...

What Girls Said 8

• Depending on your age of consent laws. Most likely yes.

• As long as it is legal, do as you please.

• its legal but I would say 5 years seems like a lot untill the younger person is over 18 then any difference is acceptable

• It may be a lot, but some people can be mature for their age, especially girls, and then the age difference will not even be noticeable. But if you are concerned about it, don't do it. She does still have a lot of things to learn that you have probably already learned.

• its more that I wouldn't want others to see it as weird

• Its ok :) its only 5 years ans your both over the age of consent

• hmm I dunno I just feel like when one of the parties is under 18 5 years is a lot, she clearly likes me and I find her really attractive but I can't decide how I feel about it, whether to take it forward

• 16 is the age of consent hun. Im sure she can make her own mind hun

• legal or not it's just a bit sad/pathetic that you're chasing after a child.

• actually I didn't realise her age until after I began to like her, Id never thought to ask and then I did and I was shocked... Im realising that she is a bit too young, its a shame really I thought she was like 20

• I think it's fine.

• You should wait until she is 18.

• Not at all its, only a few years difference.

• It depends on the laws. In some places, under 18 is illegal. Other places 17 and up is fine.

What Guys Said 8

• Is it illegal in your jurisdiction?

• yes legal age of consent is 16

• It's not illegal but the odds of being happy together with that age age difference. . . rather slim.

• Yes, you fucking pedophile!!! Who the fuck are you? If I ever find out who you are I'll take a fucking baseball bat to your dick you piece of shit!

• If it's legal, like in UK, then there's nothing wrong at all.

• just seems a large age difference though, I would defiantly say 22 is too old for 16 but maybe not 17

• Its fine

• Yes. You could be 18 or even 17 and you'd still be wrong to have sex.

• Yes. Wait until she's 18 before you have sex

• think of it this way when you were 17 she was 12 ... thats disgusting find someone your own age stop being a loser go down 2 years max she's down 5 years wtf man

• Yeah that's how I kinda see it but you Gota realise as you get older ages matters less like a 22 year old with a 27 year old isn't weird at all. When someone's 12 there not sexually active whereas at 17 year old is, that's why that's so weird. I'm still unsure about 17-22

• If it's legal where you are, that's one thing.

Beyond that, it depends on her, and you and the nature of your relationship. 17 is a pretty normal age to be sexually active, and i'm not sure it matters whether she's being sexually active with a 17 year old or a 22 year old. The important thing is that you are treating her with respect (and wanting respect back). If you're teaching her to have a good healthy sex life where she gets what she wants and gives it and is happy, you're doing well.