He wants me to meet his parents after knowing eachother for four months, does saying I'm not ready make him assume I'm not serious about him?

He's a very straight forward guy, and has said from the get-go in going to be his. It's his moms birthday tonight and he invited me to come eat with him and his parents for it. I told him I'd love to meet his parents, just not yet. I just got out of a 3 1/2 year relationship five months ago.. I'm trying to take it slow with him. Do you think he thinks I don't see myself with him long term?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. in my opinion 4 months is too soon to meet someone's parents, but it varies from people; some even meets someone's parents within just 1 week of dating. He'll understand

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the culture. Some people don't have many problems about it.

I think four months is enough, besides... It's his mom's birthday, go join him, it's not that bad.

What Guys Said 2

• No it just explain you want to be able to make the best first impression. To his parents.

• Whoa, I'd explain your hesitation, I think that's too soon.

What Girls Said 2

• If I were the person in his situation, I don't think I'd be offended by it. Not being ready to meet his parents has little to do with how you feel about him. Like you said, you're trying to take it slow. Nothing wrong with that.

• Probably as your hesitent but you just need to explain to him