What height is considered short for a guy?

I was talking to guy but we haven't hung out yet. I like him so far. I really like his personality so far. He told me that he was 5'9. Is that short for a guy? I'm 5'6.5 - 5'7. I was just trying to picture what he looks like next to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'7 was the average for men so being 5'9 is above average... if you really like him though don't bother worrying about his height.

What Guys Said 21

• well 2 inches taller than you will be slightly noticeable.

• No, 5'9 is literally the exact average male height for men in the United States (and most of Europe). According to medical experts, anything below 5'5 is considered "short stature" for a man.

www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set2/chart-07.pdf

• 5'10 is avg If I recall
    Soo less than 5'10

• 5'10" apparently, because a lot of women I know would not date a guy less than 6 ft. it breaks my heart LOL... Naught!!!

• Height doesn't matter much if you are within the acceptable range , 5'0-5'10 for women and 5'6-6'5 for men.

• I'm 5'7" and my height is perfectly fine thank you very much

• 5'7" and below is short.

• He'll be essentially eye to eye with you.

• 5-9/5'10 is considered average, but i say 6' just because it's nice and round

• Honey, 5'9 and 6'0 are nowhere near the same height lol

• 6'2 is average where I come from. But NATIONALLY speaking 5'9 is and 5'9 and 6'0 are not anywhere near the same height.

• Thats not short for a guy, I would be considered short in the US or Europe since Im 5'6 but Im considered average in other countries. Im a foreigner so Im not considered short where I come from, there's a lot shorter guys there.

• I'm 6 foot exactly, and I'm very slightly taller than most of my friends, but I do hav some who are taller. 5'9 isn't really that short

• 5'9 is average in America, if I'm not wrong.

• He will look taller than you ofcourse

• Im 5'9 and im probably slightly shorter than average

• 5'11''

• Probably anything below 5'9"-5'11". I'm 6'1", and I'm considered average I believe.

• 5'9 is the border to short

• obviously 3'2

• Anything less than 5ft7 is short and feminine.

• In America, 5'9" is about the average height of males.

• 5'9" short? No way...

Short is anything from 5'4 and under for makes... and anything from 5' and under for females...

• *males

• @RachelBrigs 5'6" short? I'm 5'6" and most guys I know are 5'6" 5'7" or 5'8"... be serious please...

• 5'9" or above isn't so common for guys... I know a guy who is 5'11" and we call him tall guy since he's taller than most of us...

What Girls Said 13

• wait, you know his exact height and you're having trouble picturing this? How is that so, exactly? LOL
    I mean, it's not as though there are a not of other variables left unaccounted for, here... just think of what a 2-2.5" height difference looks like, and, hey presto, there you go.

In any case...
    The fact that you're ASKING OTHER PEOPLE about this, is rather disturbing to me.
    You know that other people's opinion doesn't matter at all here, right?
    What matters is you, the boy, and how the boy makes you feel... and that's it.

• That's the national American male average height. He'll look almost the same height as you. You'll basically be eye level.

• And a man at eye level of girl is short.

• @multilevel Essentially yes.

I believe a study was done and despite the height of the woman, the majority of women preferred a male partner who was 6 inches taller than them. So if she was 5'0, many preferred a male who was at least 5'6.

• From 5'7" starts to be short for a guy, 5'9" is about average. www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html

• 5'9" ot 5'10" is average US height for men.

Just... picture someone a couple inches taller. Lol

It isn't short, it is average. You're 2-3" taller than your average woman, not that that's a bad thing.

• Honestly it is subjective unless you're talking about the objective comparison to the average.

I think under 5'7" is definitely short.5'7" somewhat.

• Yea most females I see around are my height or taller. I see many shorter too. I'm not that tall, pretty average. But I don't base that on averages I base that on what I see daily. =) but yea true I guess that isn't that bad for a guy. He's taller than me.

• Yeah average is actually 5'4" lol I guess you live in an area that's a little above average lol

• No, that is not short for a guy. 5'5-5'6 is pretty short for a guy.

• They come in all sizes but a short guy is one shorter than you.

• IUnder 1m73

• I don't think 5'9 is short for a guy, but then again you are on the taller side. I think that height really shouldn't matter if you truly like his personality and are attracted to him. Why does it matter if he's considered short for a guy, he's still taller than you. You may not be able to wear very tall heels and still be shorter than him.

• The same height or shorter than me.

• 5'3... I once met a man that height. Let's just say I towered over him. But he was cool!

• I want a guy taller then me. lol so anything about 5"6. If he's shorter then me he's short. lol

• under 180 cm , it's around 5'9 5'10, it's average, your around the same height

• When the guy is shorter than me. The average height might be like 5'7"-5'9"? Not sure, depends on where you are from.

I've dated shorter guys, some are pretty cool to be with.