2nd date or not?

I met a guy I was unsure of and I thought what the heck and went on a date w/him. He is a nice guy, but I'm just not feeling it. Dating has been a hard prospect after breaking up w/my 1st love. I knew I wanted to date my ex on the 1st date and we saw each other practically everyday. The problem is, his spark lasted maybe 4-5 months, then I felt a huge decline. I don't know if my hesitation stems from heartbreak or lack of chemistry. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could maybe try one more date, but if you do not feel the desire to date him then do not drag it out

Most Helpful Girl

• It didn't work with your first "love" because you were INFATUATED with him. Infatuation FEELS like love because it's so strong, but it does exactly what happened in your case---fizzle out rather quickly. Love, on the other hand, takes time to grow and develop and has to be nurtured, and as a product of that constant nurturing lasts a lifetime.

You need to honestly ask yourself what you want---a guy that gets your heart racing and immediately grabs your attention, but is out the door in a few months, leaving you to live your life repeating the same pointless cycle, OR a guy who is NICE that you can grow to love and keep long-term?

• True about love, but what if I didn't feel any attraction? I will def be a lot more cautious about letting my heart run away.

• I do agree that at least SOME attraction needs to be present in a relationship. Otherwise, it might as well just be a friendship.

What Guys Said 1

• Doesn't matter. If you aren't feeling it, don't force it.

What Girls Said 1

• If you're not excited to see him again then I wouldn't go out again.