I want to be a nude art model, but my boyfriend is against me being naked infront of other people. Should I just do it anyways?

He knows my past of being involved in the sex industry, so he views everything that has to do with me being naked Infront of someone else as sex work and cheating. But like, it's ART modelling, i pose and peoe draw, there is nothing sexual about it at all. And he is artist too and we have done life drawing TOGETHER. So It pisses me off that he never says anything about other people doing life modelling but if I do it he has big issues with it.

he also had a really ugly fat friend who does burlesque and he used to go watch her all the time (I don't even know why, because she is fucking ugly but I guess he liked her trashy costumes) He would always say that isn't striping when burlesque is actually stripping!! And then when I wanted to take a burlesque class, he suddenly decides that it is stripping!! Ughhhh

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont see it as cheating, its art and I assuming you are getting paid for it. Knowing about your history I can see why he has concerns, maybe he is worried you will fall back into that, but if you love him and respect him, you should talk to him, because if you just go do what you want, you are not respecting him, you need to come to some kind of agreement.

• It's not cheating at all LMAO and of course I would be getting paid and it's at a place where he could come in and draw too.

• Yes, thats all good to include him, thats wise, because that way he can see for himself that it is a safe environment and help deflect guys from coming on to you as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• your boyfriend and the person answering below, sound really immature. in addition its your body. he does not own it boyfriend or not. you are not cheating on him or flirting with others, this is work and the body is art. just bc he has to sexualize it does not mean that is how it exists in the world. honestly his reaction would make me seriously re evaluate my relationship. it sounds like he does not respect the human form and only sees it as dirty. and I'm not sure how his response is not suspicious and disrespectful towards you.

its surprising he took a drawing class and has this attitude. its a shame bodies are treated like dirty deviant things to be ket from the world. if you can appreciate the art of the human form thats great bc a lot of people can not. its a lost skill. I'm considering nude modeling as well. its just traveling around kind of makes it pointless as a job , bc id spend more time getting their than doing it and getting paid.

how much would you be making? how long are the sessions?

• He is 5 years older than me which makes his immaturity towards the subject even more troubling. But we are trying to work through things and get our relationship back on track. Aside from that though, the life drawing job I'm looking at has a rate of $80 for a 3 hour session.

• well i hope you work things out to there best of the capability the situation allowed. just dont compromise yourself. you dont snd like you're at risk though. you sound pretty clear headed:)

is your job at a university or privater? 80 for three hours is decent. its the 10 bucks for 30 minutes i could do.

What Guys Said 19

• I'll make this simple for you: you either need to accept the limits your boyfriend imposes on you to assuage his "concern" (read: jealousy) for you, or you need to break up with him. He's probably never going to change how he feels, so if you can't deal with the person he is, then you need to end it.

You cannot change other people, you can only change yourself (which includes changing the people you associate with).

• What the fuck is wrong with you? You used to work in the sex industry, and now you want to sit around naked all day, getting ogled by other people? No wonder your boyfriend is apprehensive about this. Also, you're showing an almost total lack of appreciation of his perspective. Also, really, what the fuck do you expect by coming on here? Do you really want complete strangers giving you relationship advice when they don't know you or your boyfriend? The only reason you've come on here is in hopes of getting random strangers to agree with you, in some desperate attempt to soothe your own conscious for when you eventually decide to betray your boyfriend and embrace your slutty nature anyway. You're disgusting.

• I'm just going to ignore your misogyny and tell you this: I am not betraying my boyfriend because I havn't even started yet. And before I do it, I am going to make sure he is okay with it. Because we have been in a long term relationship for quite awhile now. Anyways, I come on here to ask because I find it useful to get non biased opinions from people that don't know me or my boyfriend in our day to day lives.

• Uh no it was misogynistic how you worded things like "embrace your slutty nature" calling me disgusting based on what I want to do with MY body. Also would you be saying those things if an old fat man or woman wanted to be an art model? Because the type of art modelling i want to do has nothing to do with being all "slutty" and "sitting around naked all day to get ogled by other people". The people who draw are artists, not a bunch of bros at a strip club. They are there to appreciate the human form and draw it.

• You like being naked, and you like others to look at you while you're naked. At best, you're an exhibitionist, which is symptomatic of an inflated ego. The fact that it's YOUR body means absolutely nothing. You say that like it's none of my business, but maybe you missed this detail---you posted your business all over the internet and asked for people's opinions. So please stop with the bull shit.

If you have a history in the sex trade, and you still wanna get naked for people, then you're still being a slut. You can pretend you're being a classy slut, or a refined and distinguished slut, or a slut in the noble pursuit of art education, but you're still a slut because you get your jollies from being naked in front of people. If I were your boyfriend, I'd let you go, because I would find it incredibly hurtful.

• because he doesn't care about other people, he cares about you cause he's in a relationship with you.

• You are special to him obviously. Do it and you risk breaking something in your relationship. Don't do it and you will likely strengthen something in your relationship.

• I wonder why that idiot hasn't break up with you yet?

• Sure, go for it.

• If you want to do it, you have to cut the ties with him, the bonds, because trust me it is very frustrating knowing other people are looking at my girlfriends naked body, although it may not be sexual. If you aren't that passionate or that very much interested in it and are more interested in keeping your relationship going then do that instead, it is acted like the libra scale of Law, which is more outweighing (important) , your relationship or your modeling?

• poor comparisons.

how much is this gig paying if it's paying whatsoever? otherwise it seems spiteful.

• You two shouldn't be together.

• I don't see the big deal with art, but it's up to you to decide. The question is, do you care enough about your boyfriend's opinion to respect it? No relationship can work if your not willing to compromise and sacrifice some things for it.

• I mean, I think it's slutty and I'd break up with you over it. However, you shouldn't let him hold you back if you really want it.

• You have to do what you think is right for you. If he isn't down with it, tell him your decision and see what if he can be on board or not. If not, then leave.

• He needs to break up with you immediately

• That's the side of protective of a guy... even i would be thrashed if my sister decide to do that.. but it changes somethings when u add that friend of his... not sure

• Well I feel that my boyfriend thinks ugly people can't be sexually objectified. like if I was ugly and fat like her he probably wouldn't care because then men wouldn't look at me that way lol

• He is fucked up... lol... breakup.. XD

• go do porn and then when he freaks out say "can i do nude modelling instead?"

• If he said not to be in it its because he cares about you and he doesn't want other people to see your body. He wants the best for you.

• Break up with him and do it anyways.

• yeah do it

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• You seem to already know that doing that anyways and completely ignoring your boyfriend having issues with it is cheating, but are simply looking for support in acting against that.

Feel free to do as you wish, but tell him in advance. It wouldn't hurt that you also share to him what you posted here about how you have zero care to respecting his feelings being made super clear.

• You can't want him to love and respect you and NOT expect him to feel protective and a little bit possessive towards you. Those things go hand in hand. You are his girl, and so he doesn't want other people staring at your nude body. That's a pretty common sentiment. I see your point about it being art... but I think that respecting his wishes would be best for your relationship. And he should respect yours as well! Maybe you can compromise somehow.

• I think you need to respect your boyfriend and not do something that makes him uncomfortable

• I'm sorry but have respect for your boyfriend, just because you don't care about flaunting your body doesn't mean he should be okay with it,