Is Tinder a dating site? or something else?

I'm in college and a lot of people are using it. I would like to meet new people but not interested in casual sex or hooking up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at it this way... its all about matching up

Girl - if you are looking for a hook up, it will work easy. If you are looking for serious, it will take more effort

Guy - if you want a hook up, it will take effort, if you are looking for serious... it will be easy

What Guys Said 1

• It's a hook up site. I wouldn't expect much more from it

What Girls Said 3

• I know quite a few people who have gotten into long term relationships with people they met on Tinder. I don't know if that's it's intended purpose or not, but it does happen.

• It's a hook up site. Nearly impossible for a guy to take you Seriously. My advice, join clubs and go to the activities. Meet people face to face.

I joined an anime club in college and they were surprisingly very welcoming, even if you don't know much about a subject.

If you're lonely definitely don't look for a relationship. That will never end well.

• Lol no it's for hook-ups.