How do you prefer your first date?

Generally, how would each one of you expect/prefer your first date with the guy/girl you just met? Where would you go to get to know the person better?

• Dinner
  • Coffee
  • Party
  • Movie
  • Drive

Most Helpful Guy

• Coffee, Although I usually prefer just to walk about the town or go to the city with her. It's because I can talk to her and we can go about have fun and do our own thing. Dinner would make me feel awkward, It's hard not to sit in silence chewing and watching each other eat. Movies are too loud and I'd not get to know her whatsoever. I'm not a party person, again a lot of distractions, loud music, people coming over to you... I don't drive yet, I never took an interest although I'm having to learn for my mum as she wants me to do it to make things easier or whatever. My experience of it is that the driver has to pay full attention to the road, so again it'd be sitting in silence for a while. It might be good when you get there, But the journey there and back starts and ends it on a downer for me.

• Lol agreed. dinner can be really awkward. especially if you don't know each other well yet and if you're both the quiet type, there probably won't be a second date due to the awkward silences that are bound to come up

• Driving is actually really nice. And although you're paying attention to the road, you're also paying sttention to your date and enjoying their company. And it works even best if it's a little adventure to a little town where you can walk about and check things out.

What Guys Said 14

• over drinks is best you can always get more and you never get that feeling like you paid to much for.

• Date starts off with the pickup of course.

The initial ride in the car is a crucial point in my opinion. You start off with the introductions etc.

Going to a movie stops that very suddenly for a few hours.

Going to a party is not a date. That is a fling.

A combination of drive and coffee. :)

Coffee is just that. Coffee.

No pressure exerted from either side towards anything. Simple and easy.

To me going for a drive and just chatting is relaxing. I also live in a very scenic area though, so that kinda helps :)

If I am having a dinner date, I make the food myself, something about taking a girl out to eat on a first date always seems off to me for some reason.

• A nice place or activity where we can just simply walk and talk. I much prefer that over a movie or even dinner.

• Actually, all of the above in the first week!

• Drink or a coffee, usually can tell whether I like some one after an hour of chating with them

• Nothing fancy, if the girl is good ill take her to a dance club or cool show but if I'm not sure about the girl then I'd go for a coffee to see if the connection is there

• I like to go to the mall. There are usually a lot of nice Coffey shops etc you can sit and have a nice snack than go window shopping and talk about things. That would be a fun date. It's also fun if the girl takes me somewhere that she likes, that way I can explore her personality and feel like I'm in her world which is a definite turn on.

• I like meal. Where appetizer, entree, and dessert are all each other.

• I like taking her for dinner first, just so that I can get an idea of what she likes to do and what kind of person she is. And then after either go to see comedy or a movie

• I don't like coffee and it's a waste of time I'd rather do something fun like go to the movies we can talk etc before and afterwards

• I agree, like a zoo or the park would be better. great minds think alike.

But not movies. those are lame. ^-^

• I will move for a long drive at night with some romantic music with my Love.

• I prefer a movie but it seems like not enough talking is done here for a first date. I mean talking at the start is the best thing to do but I think the movie first allows you to get awkward feeling of being with her is the best thing to do.

• D.) Movie

• these are lame first dated.

What Girls Said 16

• I put coffee - mainly because I like coffee. Also, it's easy to chit chat and drink, less so with movies, dinners, and parties. If I'm spending time with some one, I want to be social and get to know them. Staring at a giant screen and experiencing a movie next to them is okay if we've known each other and just want to do something fun, but I feel like if you are a first date you want to get to know the person to see if you want a second date. That's hard to do in a movie lol.

• A beverage (coffee, smoothies, everclear, whatever) and a nice walk give you a chance to talk about what's going on around you. You aren't preoccupied about some expensive tab for your first date and sitting in a movie theater and tuning out the person for two (or more) hours seems kind of like an excuse to be in a dark room with them. Meeting a whole bunch of someone's friends for the first time can be kind of intimidating for a first date.

• I picked a coffee date because ideally the first date shouldn't last more than a 2-3 hours. Coffee is inexpensive and quick. It's a good way to get to know someone, all you do is talk. And if you find that you don't like that person you can always make a quick get away.

• actually I choose

F: A drink... instead of coffee..

• i deffinatly would say a movie or a drive. the movies let you be in the dark which is somewhat intamiate, even if your not going to fool around, and then you'll be able to talk about the movie later instead of having awkward silence.

then the drive gives you a private interaction, and builds up anticipation for your destination

• no offense but they all sound boring and uninteresting. How are you supposed to really get to know someone under those standards? Idk, I'd be awkward so I'd need something active to be myself. O like a comedy night, you can get coffee there, drive there AND eat there haha :P and you'll have something to talk about after that'll bring good feelings back

• Coffee. Purely because you can get to know the person better...a walk is very good too... Just to show the person that you're interested in what they're interested in, and ultimately interested in them! :P

• coffee allows for more converstation time even though its not my preferred beverage but its a cute date.

• none of the above really, but coffee sounds the most appealing.

• instead of coffee.. I'll opt for a smoothie and a walk on the beach or somwhere. this way you can get to know stuff about each other and its not too quick but not too long of a date. so good for a first date.

• coffe, it's quick, casual but still slightly intimate so can get to know each other a bit more.

• sitting there in starbucks, talking and then going to chapters :)

• See a movie but not in the movie theatre just rent a movie and watch it at home.

• PARTY!

• Dinner.

Here's why.

Not coffee, because I don't like coffee. And even though I can see why a coffee date can be short, it could be too short. I believe in giving someone ample time before judging them. And I feel like a coffee date would allow me to make prejudices on them as a person too soon, which would be unfair.

Not a party, because parties are not for going on a date. I can see if you're already with someone that attending a party would be totally fine, because you're together. But going to a party you could get drunk and make all types of blunders. Plus, there will most likely be plenty of other available singles, possibly drunk, looking to hook up with just about anyone, which could include me or my date. So that's a no.

No to a movie, I don't know why I even need to explain this. Starting forward at a picture screen allows to room for communication. What, a whole five minutes before the movie starts during the previews to make awkward small talk? No thanks. Movies are the worst for first dates. You learn nothing about the other person except if they like butter on their popcorn or not. Pleaase.

No to a drive. If it's a first date, I wouldn't feel totally comfortable for a few reasons. Who knows if he's a good driver? I want to be safe. And if he's not mentally right, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a psycho's car helpless.

There you have it.

• I prefer a first date of drinks or coffee- it's a great atmosphere to talk, and you can always milk your drink or order dessert if it's going really well! And if not, well...you don't have to sit through a 5-course meal!