Do you believe it is the guys job to do the asking out?

Most Helpful Girl

• nah! I'll ask you out when I want to! lol

• So you ask guys out

• I wish other girls did that

• haha! But I am picky and I think I got reject twice. All i know is if I really like someone Ill go and ask him out. Done! (: But if not I am mostly stay quite until I am sure for sure!

Most Helpful Guy

• No it shouldn't be, girls should at least come part of the way if they want to be approached lol its like "omg why can't he read my mind, why won't boys get it?" sometimes it seems.

But with that said, I think it's good to think of it as if it's all on you. And everything is in your power to control!

What Girls Said 27

• Asking out as in asking for dates and stuff... no definitely not. However I still think it's cute if a guy asks the actual "will you be my girlfriend" question first. I'm slightly more traditional when it comes to things like that.

• I get what you mean, it can be tough.

• Ah yes, I don't have a problem with a girl asking a guy out, but Im not asking a guy out. I still love the "guy asks out girl", traditional, cute thing. I don't know why, but i think its adorable and rlly sweet. so, no it's not a guy's job, but i think its rlly sweet if they do

• I believe it's anyone's job who wants to.

My opinion is: If you like a person, and never ask them out, then you have no one but yourself to blame when nothing happens between you two. If you want to date a person, go for them. Or don't, but then don't get mad at them for never asking you.

• If you were to ask old-fashioned people, yes. Even though I like the old-fashion style, even if I want them to ask me out, that's not always the case. So, I don't believe guys should be the only one asking girls out. I think it should be 50/50. I mean, I'm really interested in this quiet guy so I tried to make a conversation with him for like 4 times. I'd ask him out only if he showed me some clear signs of interest. Right now, I'll just stay quiet because I don't want to bother him. However, I do fear being seen as less classy by doing that. Maybe, that's why girls don't do that or their too prideful. *Sigh.* Only if society didn't judge.

• No. If men were the only ones meant to ask people out then their penises would do the talking. Is it endearing to be asked out? Yes, it is, but it shouldn't be gender specific.

• I'm shy, so I do like it when a guy asks first, but it's definitely not a male duty. In my opinion, at least.

• Yes I do. But it is because of my Christian beliefs. With that being said, the man is suppose to lead which is why he should ask the female out.

• No, I do not believe that.

• For the first time, yes. I knows that's outdated cave man gender roles say of thinking.
    But I do think the guy should be the first one to ask out the girl.. And then from then on the girl can ask :)

• Not necessarily.

• Most guys are bigger than me even if they're tiny so I'd leave it up to them if they can catch me. I'm not saying it is but that's my reason for not asking guys out. I'm still a virgin and you can tell by my first sentence that I'm not trying to lose that anytime soon.

• No, Both parties can ask one another out. If you only wait for the guy to ask you out then it is going to turn into a waiting game and no one has got time for that! If ya like someone just ask em out :) no harm in trying.
    take care

• No, because I pretty much know from my guy friends how hard it is for them to ask girls out. Not to mention that I've yet to meet a guy who isn't a procrastinator... If guys were meant to do the asking out, then almost NO ONE would be asked out. 😏 I personally haven't asked anyone out, but that's just because the only guys I've found interest in friendzoned me so obviously it hurt. 😕 But if I found interest in a guy, and he wasn't an a hole, and he didn't friendzone me, and I could count on the fact that if he denied me the rumors wouldn't go schoolwide, then yeah, I'd ask the guy out! (My long term way of saying nope I ain't gon ask no guy out 😏)

• Nope.

• A woman can do it if she wants. There is no rules to it haha but I personally prefer if he does ^_^

• Is it a woman's job to do the dishes? No. It is certainly nice if she does and it is nice if the guy does it but you are not going to wait for dishes to get clean or feelings to be said so wash the dishes and ask the guy out 😊

• Haha my point exactly! If you want the dishes clean, you could potentially sit around and wait for someone to wash them. But then you might end up waiting forever and having no clean dishes.

• No I don't. I don't expect anyone to ask me out.

• I've approached guys before too and asked them out - rather unsuccessfully lol

• What'd you say to them

• This was years ago so I can't remember the exact convo but I told the guy I thought he was cute and asked him if he wanted to go out out with me but he said no and called me ugly lol

• Yes, sorry:). I don't know any girls who say that they ask out guys, but I don't know if any would say if they did invite him to ask her out lol:)

• No, both could do the asking, though I find it very attractive when a guy asks me out, especially since I'm a bit shy. lol I stutter and blush a lot when I do it.

• No I don't think it is. If I am attracted to someone I'll ask them.

• No. Anyone can ask whoever they want out on a date, if the one person likes them then go for it.

• Not exactly. But for me I mostly let them come to me. . .

• In general yes. But that doesn't mean girls can't

• for me yes,

• Yes.

• Yes, yes, yes. But I think it depends. Some girls don't mind but honestly, I would never in my life ask a guy out. I would wait for him, no matter how strong my feelings were.

• Yes, it's their jobs

• Yes, and No

• When would a girl ask?

• When we are waiting for the guy to ask and he doesn't know that we want a relationship. She can just stop being patient and ask the guy instead, rarely happens but it happens lol

What Guys Said 18

• I'm fine with being expected to make the first move.

Only things I have a problem with are being expected to pay and if the girl is ambiguous about her answer or plays hard to get.

Some guys think it would be better if girls made the first move but realistically if you can't get girls now, I doubt youd do any better if girls were making the first move.

• No, I don't. Women can also do the job of asking out and in today's world I guess women have also started doing that.

• I'm very old fashioned, I believe so. I also believe the guy should ask to be exclusive.

• These females answers so so fucking deceiving! We all know damn well that they would EXTREMELY prefer the guy to ask her out.

• It shouldn't be, but the sad truth is if you want a girl you'd better ask her out, cuz I guarantee she isn't planning on approaching you first anytime soon.

• Ok, so lets say is the guy's job to do so, BUT for fucks sake is the girl's job to make the guy comfortable enough and at ease.

Sure, some girls make it obvious they are attracted but some either play games or think of men as wizards and fortune tellers without ever giving a clear sign of interest.

• No its not the guys job at all. It's both. I hate women who expect a guy to ask them out. There should be no expectation

• I'm kinda in the middle? Haha I think the guys should lead but I think if a woman wants a guy she shouldn't wait because it's easier to live with regrets than wonsers

• No there's no assigned person to do the asking out, cuz if the guy asks out, how would a lesbian ever get a girlfriend

• Nope I don't see any correlation between having a penis and being obligated to make the first move.

• I swear some girls would rather die alone than make the first move, it's so pathetic. Most of them are either too chicken to do it or they need the validation. Some women make themselves so hard to respect.

• I don't know, since I suck at asking out.

• Yeah, but women have got to start making things easier for us guys to approach them. This resting birch face, hard to get, gold digger, drama queen doesn't tickle my fancy. Just posses me off and search goes on.

• ya, what pisses me off is that a man is not a real Man if he doesn't do this

• No, not always.

• I don't believe it's the guys job to ask girls out. However if a guy doesn't ask out girls he's very likely to be single for life.

• Absolutely not. It's the 21st century now, not the 18th. It's about friggin' time girls step up to the plate and do what we've been doing for ages

• They don't want equality now in here xD

• Should have put a Poll here, but definitely over 90 percent of women still believe that