How do I not scare him away?

I have been dating my boyfriend for close to a year and a half. We were hang some trouble a few months ago and in that time I had a crush on a coworker although I never actually let anything happen. Anyways, my boyfriend and I broke up for a week then my coworker asked me out but I said "no". He then went batshit and trashed my reputation at work and told everyone that I promised to date him. He sent me a terribly mean text that my boyfriend read when he snoop ed through my phone. I didn't tell him about any of this cause it wasn't serious. A week ago he accused me of cheating and we talked it through but it gave me so much anxiety I was put on prescription meds. Now, I find that I'm insanely paranoid and nervous constantly that my boyfriend is trying to track down the coworker and talk to him or something along those lines.. it's caused me to be EXTREMELY clingy and I can tell it's bothering him but I can't stop. What do I do.

What Guys Said 1

• So you are worried your clingyness will scare your current boyfriend away mixed with this coworker drama?

• Well this drama with the coworker has subsided because I ended up quitting the job. My boyfriend however, JUST saw the message which was sent to me back in December. So him accusing me brought on the anxiety

• Hmmm, well if things are rocky even though you told the truth and nothing really happened, he may just need a bit of space to process this and take some time. It may be really hard but you may just need to back off slightly to let him cool down and sorta reboot.

What Girls Said 2

• Be honest about what happened but dont let any of them affect your life. If its getting in the way of you having a normal life then say goodbye and focus on you

• Just tell your boyfriend the truth, you don't have to be so stressed.