Have you ever been too late to act on someone you like?

You are thinking of asking them out, but you're too late, someone beat you to it and they are going out now.

ever happened?

If you never asked anyone out, then have you ever been too late to get to know them?

@mooky06 @Theoryofavarice @BelleGirl21 @LovesTVDx @Deft_maiden @fondue @vishna @nert73 @Mustachekitteh @fauchelevent @MissPanda @sherbearee @EmpatheticLady @apple24 @XNicholeMariex3 @cinderelli @CocoRachelle @xXiTacoXx @archiz @rgb008 @BuchitaBuchys @meatballs21 @redthread @mr90skid @DodgersGM @madhatters4 @I_am_repulsive @llorando @ScruffynateAK @This_is_my_username @Afro-dite9 @BuchitaBuchys @CHARismatic110

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah because I was a chicken at the time. So I would hang out with him but kept putting off telling him how I felt. Which ended up never telling him.

Which is why I never let the chance slip by to tell a dude that I have feelings for him. I ended up being the one to always make the first move. Some dudes did make the first dude. Just majority of the time I would do it first. Which is how I'm with my awesome boyfriend atm. ^^

• Like how soon after first talking to them would you say you have feelings for them?

• yay thank you for mhg ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah mostly because I'm a super reserved introvert. I think I'm being crafty while taking it slow but girls interpret that as me being not interested.

• "I think I'm being crafty while taking it slow but girls interpret that as me being not interested." Oh man i get that too

• I'm not the only one then... it sucks though

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 21

• Not since I was a teen. Once I hit twenty I lost the patience when it came to "hoping" a relationship magically came to be. I make my fucking move.

• How soon after you start talking to a guy would you make your move?

• Paid attention to me, gave me that "I like your face" look. He was friendly, he seemed interested in me over other people if we were talking in a group. Stuff like that.

• "seemed interested in me over other people if we were talking in a group"

I feel like this just happened to me... hmmmm

• Not that I can remember, but I have a Swedish pal who confessed his affection for me. I never got one hint he felt that way, he deserves an Oscar. I thought he was joking if I had known he was telling the truth my response would have been different. But we've been friend's long enough for him to understand I have trust issues and shhh so I thought he was joking, he got all pissed and after that acted like a complete fucking DICK! Even til this day. I did like him and I wish I didn't have trust issues, buttttt the way he is still holding in all this pent up aggression about a silly mistake I've tried multiple time's to fix... is really stupid so I'm OK with not telling himhim beforehand. He still cares, but can't forgive me... it's crazy. Other than that... nah I can't remember anything

• Hmm, no. I've only ever really been interested in a handful of people and I don't think I would have acted back then anyway 😕

• that's my current situation, since i'm kinda over asking guys out...
    i guess I'm just hoping he'll end up with me somehow.

• Hmmm, this has never happened to me. This doesn't happen to me because the people that I liked often did not like me at the time, and once after I was over crushing on the person, he liked me. But that was the closest I ever had to that type of thing. I was so into him, and he never noticed me that way because we were childhood friends, then he notices me like that in high school but I was over him and kinda upset it took him years to see me that way.

• not me, him lol

told him how I felt about him, he friendzoned me, 3 years after, I tell him how much I like a guy... and that's when he says that he would like to have a relationship with me. It was too late because I was moving, from Tulum to Cancun, so having a long distance relationship sounded dumb to me, besides... I wasn't interested in him anymore.

• nope never happened to me xD

• Yes. In college there was this guy, Jesse. I had a huge crush oh him. We had an instant connection. He was such a sweet guy. Kind of naive. Farm boy. Not used to city life, but he loved it. His roommates and my roommates were all pretty close. We used to hang out at their apartment a lot. Then a friend of one of my roommates started to hang around too and she set her sights on Jesse. She made her move and they eventually started dating.

• yup! (:

• Not really toto. I've asked before, they didn't want commitment so I was totally fine with it. So I just moved on

• But you never talk to someone, got to know them and were ready to escalate it, but someone else beat you to it?

• Wow couple months huh? figured it would only be for maybe a month?

• I would know something around the one month mark, but till myself it's too fast to feel that way about someone.. So I just wait for another month to make sure it's not like I'm just infatuated or anything 😬

• I never asked anyone out. But I used to like a guy from my school and when I finally decided to try to get closer to him, I found out that he had a girlfriend.
    So, I was late.

• Nope.. I rarely like someone

• Looking back, not really

• Yyyeees my HS crush

• No, I've never had that happen thankfully. I do have a hard time showing emotions, though.

• yup, countless times. But then i got over them :)
    great question.

• You get over them quick?

• Well i was about to make a move on this one girl, but today i saw her kissing some other dude... i think this must be a new relationship, cause she didn't mention him at all when we talked lol. but thankfully im getting over this one quick.

But in the past it hasn't been so easy once i catch feelings that are not shared

• aww man that sucks! her loss though :) cuz you the bomb. Good that you are getting over her quick. Ahhh yes, lots of people are like that.. it is no worries though. As i am sure you will find the perfect one! :P

• All guys i liked were already in a relationship:/

• Sneaky ain't you?

• Yes. My best-friend who knew I liked the guy asked him out. Another friend told me so I have to pretend I don't know. It sucks.

• always happens

• Yes! I had to go re-confess my feelings for this guy and right before I did it, this girl starting dating him!

What Guys Said 9

• Hmm not really, I used to be shy when I was like 17 and I definitely moved wayyy too late. But in my 20s, it hasn't happened at all to my recollection.

• I have. Not a fun position to be in.

• Yup. It sucks and you curse your indecision.

• Yes it has.

• How often would you say?

• A lot. But not for a while, as I have given up on women for a time until I get some personal things settled.

• yes all the time. girls thought that i wasn't interested but the whole problem was my doubt and shyness so go figure

• Yes happened, idgaf though. :p

• Yep, a few times. No use dwelling on it, can't change the past

• All. The. Frigging. Time.

Since I'm super shy it happens more often than I care to think about; and sadly girls mentality is that they aren't "supposed to" asking guys out

• Yes 😞