Should I meet up with this guy from the internet?

READ ALL IF YOUR GONNA ANSWER PLEASE. so im 16. I live in california and the guy lives in Canada. He says he's 17 looks and acts older though. I followed him on instagram and I put my snapchat in my bio and he added me so we have been talking on there. He says how beatiful I am and whenever Im down he's always there for me he's super nice. He asked me out once and I declined because I didn't really want a long distance relationship. But he was sad and the next day asked me out again and I said yes. he's soo nice and tells me he likes me and how amazing and beatiful I am. But the other day he was saying how he wishes he could kiss me and cuddle me. And I was like "yeah sucks we can never see each other" And he's like I can probably come visit you In May or June but me and him haven't been talking that long and he doesn't post to much on his instagram so it doesn't give me much info about him. And he has a lottttttt of snapchat points so he probably talks to a lot of girls or something. But I got busy and stopped answering and he litterally spammed me with texts asking if we could talk and stuff and saying im amazing and stuff. I also told him how I was hesitant about meeting up with people I dont really know I said for all I know you could be a cereal killer or something. And he said something like "I know but im not. Im just a nice guy who wants cuddles" But should I? if I did id probably meet up in a public place with him. But like what if we wanna go in private and do stuff? like cuddle.

Also he asked me out like the day we met also so Im not sure if thats a red flag or not
tbh i kinda wanna meet up and have sex with him

Most Helpful Guy

• The Internet is filled with strangers of all types and you should have him prove himself to be 100 percent to be who he says he is before you attempt to meet up with him and then never meet them alone. If somebody were to have ulterior motives they're not going to tell you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. Haven't you seen 'To Catch a Predator'? There are plenty of "cute 17 year old guys from Canda" who show up with their beer belly and gray hair. -_-

I understand that you are young and hopeful for romance but do not put yourself in a situation that's going to get you chained up in someone's sex dungeon with a gag ball in your mouth. You don't know this guy. You've never met him before and of course he's going to behave for you because he wants to impress you. Even if he is who he claims to be, he could be a Norman Bates type who f*cking wakes up with a butcher knife and blood splatter on his face then looks over at your dead body and asks what happened. Just no.

• well I mean he's not that cute but he's SUPER nice

• Please no. You can find plenty of super nice, cuddly guys later on without risking your personal safety.

What Guys Said 13

• You're 16, don't meet up with guys from other countries. There is a thing called HUMAN TRAFFICKING. I don't care about his snapcha, or whatever points are. If he acts older, has the money to see some girl in another country, he probably is older.

• Easy solution:

Get the guy to show his Canada-land passport on Skype or send a photo on Snapchat. Say it's nothing personal but you want to know he's not a 50 year old truck driver with a headless teen fetish.

Oh, and your use of 'cuddle' in place of 'fuck' didn't escape my notice.

• I know he is who he says he is though we have been face timing

• He's young and foolish. Tell him you've devoted yourself to a higher power and it could never happen. Whatever you gotta say, do it, brush him off. Besides he's a Canadian, you can't trust those people. I should know I am one. The problem with guys is they all think the same thing as The Beach Boys.
    "I wish they all could be California girls".

• If I was you I'd double date with a friend all day and get a feel for him. If he seems good and not serial killerish haha I might move on to private time then :)

• I busted out laughing when I saw "cereal killer". Anyway, don't meet up with him. You're right, he could really hate lucky charms.

• Well let's see. He lives in a different country, you don't know him from Adam, he sounds like a sexual predator and behaves like a psycho. I'd give this one a miss.

• No - you're fucking crazy to want to do that!

• go in the interest of making friends.

• FUCK NO.

• Meeting a guy from the internet, that could be a "cereal killer" :) :) ... what ever could possibly go wrong?

http://crimemagazine.com/images/Josef_Fritzl.jpg

• NO... he could be a 50 year old perv who will harm you!

People can download a picture anywhere.

They will tell you what you want to hear and then, next thing you know, you are being raped and killed.

• no we face timed he is who he says he is

• Follow your heart, and your loins.

You only live once, you'll regret it if you don't.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Sounds like a hustler or potential rapist. I am laughing at all the lines he has used because most guys say that to meet the girl for a good fuckin lay.

• Yep, gotta be careful with the possible "cereal" killers!
    😧

• please grace take my follow offer i want to ask you and to write you in a private message but i can't because i m not a x per 2 level so take my follow offer if you like it

• haha still i can't write you i dont know how to do

• @pavlina It's okay girl, I'll message you rn

• Bad idea it's all red flags don't waste your time.

• This dude sounds really suspicious. The fact that you've never actually met him but want to... um, do stuff with him isn't reassuring either. This is a really bad idea in general. Meeting up with him is a REALLY bad idea...

• He asked you out the day you met? Yes huge red flag for various reasons and none of them good. He can be a predator, a pervert , an old man... even if he is who he says he is, again not serious at all more like a player. Whichever way you see it i know it maybe seem flattering but is not a good sigh. There are many *nice * guys on the internet, they are all nice when you dont get to know them personally. No dont go and dont meet him... he wants cuddles? we all want but normal people dont ask them from strangers on the internet the first day they met them. If however you decide that you want to meet him BE SAFE, meet in a public place, tell people you know where you going and with whom you will be or even better have someone to come with you, have someone phone you at certain time to check if everything is ok and DONT listen all the malarky about cuddles stay in public place... But surely the best option is not to go

• Bad idea. Have you ever seen criminal minds? Catfish? Even if he's cute, don't put yourself in danger like that.

• he's not that cute but he's SUPER nice

• If he's nice, that's great and all, but your story is literally every every kidnapping case caused by social media ever. If he's legit and you don't meet with him, so be it. At least you won't put yourself through any harm.