Was she rejecting me, playing hard to get or actually busy and I took it the wrong way?

Me and this girl got close over the winter. We talked for hours everyday. Until 2-3am. She'd text me 50 times in a single day 3-4x a week. She laughed at my corny jokes. Smiled. Flirted. Teased. Played with her hair. Stood awkwardly close to me. Complimented me.

I asked her out. To an antique book store. She said she was "busy" all weekend. No reschedule. I kinda got upset, thinking she was blowing me off.

We stopped talking completely. I was upset with her for leading me on, I guess. And she was upset that I was mad at her, I guess.

I cooled down. I didn't ignore her anymore. I spoke to her but I kept things short and quick. Now things got weird. She tried to text me again. She would stare at me. I would look up and catch her. When she saw me talking to other girls, she would stare too. She tried to come to me for "help" (school stuff). She would hover around me. She would try to talk to me about her life and what's going on and what's going on in mine. When I helped her with one thing, she said I was always saving her and being there for her. The date she rejected me for... I still went and posted pics on FB. And she asked me how the place was and if I had fun. Which I didn't understand. Why bring up a place I asked you to go out to? She would try to talk to me and when I was trying to cut the conversation short and leave, she would keep trying to extend it and keep the conversation going. She basically became a stalker liking a hundred pics on my FB and IG. She liked everything before but, it was weird she was doing it after we weren't talking anymore.

I stayed distant and cold. Just Hi & Bye.

Eventually she stopped and left me alone. I will never understand what happened with this girl? Did she reject me? Or was she simply playing hard to get? Was she being flaky? Did I react too harshly? I don't get it. When someone rejects me, I'm not gonna stick around be

Most Helpful Girl

• She might actually have been busy because sometimes our plans clash way too much for it to be true or even a coincidence but that doesn't make it any less true however it could also be that she was lying or she has been hurt before and now she doesn't want to rush anything just to make the same mistake only with a different person so you might have been too harsh but it is justified because I can see where you're coming from. But you could've at least let her explain herself and just be straight forward and ask why she's acting like that Katy perry's song hot N cold

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe she actually was busy all weekend.

What Girls Said 4

• It's tricky, relationships aren't very cut and dry no matter how much you want them to be. Could be a lot of things. Maybe she just wanted to be friends, maybe she was just trying to be nice and liked the attention you gave her. Maybe she didn't mean to blow you off or just wasn't ready to move the relationship forward and you 180'd on her.

• Maybe she was actually busy that weekend and was looking for you to reschedule another day. Sometimes girls are like that and think guys should do all the work, but it shouldn't be like that since if she really liked you, she should have rescheduled it herself. But yea, a lot of girls, especially young girls, think its the guys job to do all the planning:/

• I think she was actually busy and then she probably felt bad. I don't think you should have gone on ignoring her and trying to cut things short with her. She probably actually likes you.

• she fell hard for you. go get her

What Guys Said 1

• If she felt anything for you, she'd have apologised and asked for a date herself- which she didn't. This proves that she's a bitch who wants your attention and time. Drop her and run away. Avoid women like these.