Should I Try and Define the Relationship?

So I'm a freshman in college and I've been seeing this really great guy for about six weeks now. We get along super well, and when we're together, it's like we've been dating for months. We go on hikes and fun dates and we enjoy each other's company a ton!

However, I feel a bit uneasy because we've never ever talked about a relationship or anything close to it. I know I sound weird saying this, but I don't understand why he hasn't mentioned exclusivity if we are pretty much together at this point. I would really rather not be the one to try and "define the relationship", but is it wrong of me to want to know if he's interested in a relationship or what his intentions are? It's something that's been gnawing at me and I'm not sure whether it's a good idea for me to bring this up.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Why is this so important? Keep in mind bringing it up could make it solid or bring it down. I wouldn't do it until I was sure of what the outcome might be.

You might consider showing checking out or talking to guys when he's around. See if you can get him to bring it up.

What Girls Said 1

• There is no need to. If he is not interested in seeing other girls, then you're already exclusive. You don't need to define it. But if you're really bothered by it, then make a discussion with him.