Guys, Guys is it a turn-off to ask the waiter to wrap left over foods?

It was our second date but I just don't feel comfortable wasting foods..
But now I feel like I shouldn't have done that..

How would you feel?
Opinions please!!

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with that at all, I mean you paid for it, and if you didn't finish it why throw it away. Do you eat everything you fix at home? If you don't you save it for later, I feel the same is true of going out to eat as well. I have done this really for as long as I can remember and even though I'm working on earning more financially, I don't make so much that I can eat just a little of something and then throw the rest away. I'm not a big fan of conspicuous consumption. "Oh look I have SOOOO much money I can waste it regardless of how other people are struggling to make ends meet." So I wouldn't be offended in the least.

What Guys Said 21

• Wrapping leftovers is completly normal.

If anything, I'd think less of you if you deliberately chose to waste food.

• why would that ever be a turn off?

• That would be a turn on !!!
    Seeing perfectly good food get wasted really upsets me !
    It would show me that you have respect for the resources. I would have a lot more respect for you !

• On first date I won't. But I hate waiting food.

• Hahaha :D No. I'd laugh out loud on the spot because it's somehow amusing and cute, but I wouldn't think bad of it.

• If on a first date yes, but if I have known you for a while, no.

• Oh.. That's what I was worried about.. I probably shouldn't have.. although majority of the guys are replying that it's not an issue. Is there anything the girl can do to recover this?

• Nothing the impression has already been created. But if a guys still likes you, he will put that away and still rock with you.

• I don't ask them to wrap leftover food, but I ask for one of those take home cartons. Hell yes. And so should she!

• No, I think that's normal if the restaurant provides this feature.

• I'm the same way so I'd think nothing of it. Completely indifferent.

• I do it ALL THE TIME.
    Its not a turn off, its just a casual thing people do. Most people dont like waste food either.

• no, but why would it?

• no point being wasteful.

• I don't care. If you like it, and want tot take the rest home, do it.

• I don't like wasting food.

• I always take my leftovers. I don't see an issue here.

• No, get a to-go box if that's what you want to do. It shows that you don't like wasting food, and are comfortable being yourself even on early dates.

• Not at all a turn-off

• Depends on how well you knew him. I'd much rather see that she had an appetite and finished her food.

I guess if you made him pay for it it would be worse than if you split the bill.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more