Called and asked her out and she texted me after?

So I called and asked a girl when she was free so I could take her out to dinner. I was talking with her best friend and she said to tel her how I felt and ask her out and be a gentlemen. So I did, asked her out and she can't do this week and then we have spring break. I said well when we get back let me know, she said okay. So about an hour later she texts me saying that she is definitely still up for hanging out if im still into it when we get back from break. Then she said she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes and she isn't looking for anything serious and enjoy her last few weeks at school drama free. She also said that she didn't know what I meant by asking her. I replyed when I had some time, I said Im not one for drama either. I was just seeing if I would be able to take you to dinner when you had some time. She replyed with haha always got that vibe from you. okay deal. It seems to me that she is just being nice, and is letting me down easy. What are your thoughts?

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like you are about to get hurt... :(

• Because she said she's not looking for anything serious. She flirts with me and sends confusing messages I feel. Also why would her friend say to ask her out.

What Guys Said 1

• Hard to tell. Go on the date and see what kind of vibes you are getting. If you still need help report back.